iPad!

• Thread starter burritothechinchilla
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

burritothechinchilla

Hey everyone!

I was just wondering, is anyone else excited about the iPad as I am? I can't wait to get one. The only problem is that it's not coming out in Canada for a while. I am seriously considering paying someone to either go to Buffalo and get one for me on Saturday. Haha. Maybe if one of you guys down there are willing to take a senic drive up to Canada and bring one for me. :neener:

Anyways, just wondering about everyone else`s thoughts on it!

In my honest opinion. Wait. It is always better to wait for the second generation of a new item. Also, it is only being released with just 3G. If you really want it now wait for it to come with WIFI. There is no point if it does not have WIFI.

i would like to check it out visually but i agree with cindy......2nd gen & wifi have my vote.
i absolutely LOVE my ipod touch! i wish my company didnt have verizon, cause i would have the iphone instead of the droid eris.

the ipad is just an oversized ipod touch. It can't make calls, can't run multiple apps at one time, and its huge and bulky. Save your money and just get the ipod touch... Its exactly the same.

In my honest opinion. Wait. It is always better to wait for the second generation of a new item. Also, it is only being released with just 3G. If you really want it now wait for it to come with WIFI. There is no point if it does not have WIFI.

It is bring released with wi-fi first. Then later in April it will have wi-fi and 3G. And I already have an iPod touch. :)) I actually just typed my reply on it. haha. It looks really cool to me. I think I'm going to use it to take note at school. anyways, if I hate it, I can always sell it to someone else. lol

And I already have an iPod touch

Then you need this.

I got a first gen mackbook pro, I recommend getting the three year apple care. That way they replace it for you when it breaks. :D

If I had extra money to spare I'd pick one up, I do a lot of e-reading.

My bf works for Apple. He was the one that told me to wait. So I will just upgrade my iPhone instead.

Haha. That "adaptor" is sweet! Too bad it's not real. I probably will get the apple care, but it might be hard because Im going to need someone else to buy it for me. I might start actually reading with it too.

And Cindy, do you wanna ask you bfvwhan the next iPhone is comming out? Haha. I am thinking about maybe getting it when it comes out.

It is bring released with wi-fi first. Then later in April it will have wi-fi and 3G. And I already have an iPod touch. :)) I actually just typed my reply on it. haha. It looks really cool to me. I think I'm going to use it to take note at school. anyways, if I hate it, I can always sell it to someone else. lol

I thought I heard that you can't write/draw on it (at least with a stylus)... so it might not work so well for taking notes. I'd check into it before getting one.

I thought I heard that you can't write/draw on it (at least with a stylus)... so it might not work so well for taking notes. I'd check into it before getting one.

I am going to buy an apple wireless keyboard to use with it. And I say I am going to because I bought an iPad! :))I got it for a decent price shipped to Canada, and it will be here by Wendsday! Im soooooo excited! :dance3:And I will let you guys know if it was worth it!:neener:

i hope that since it is not being released in canada yet, that they have the towers and ability for you to get service!

i hope that since it is not being released in canada yet, that they have the towers and ability for you to get service!

The 3G model is not out yet. Only the Wi-Fi version. The 3G one is coming out later this month.

Hey everyone! Just to let you know if you were wondering, I got my iPad! And I have to say that is is sweeeetttt! It is amazing for surfing the web. Especially CnH! It fit the screen perfectly and is reeeaalllllyyy easy to use! :)) I aCtually just typed this out on my iPad! I would recommend it to everyone! It is really a great gadget. :))

yeah, I've been playing with the IPad in stores and it's fun but it seriously is just like a giant IPod Touch. Save your money and get a nice laptop instead. And besides the cool apps are outrageously expensive.

I didn't really understand the rush to the stores to wait in line for this. A laptop does more faster, holds more, I would think is more sturdy, etc. This just seems like something people with money to burn just have to have. I watched a thing on the news about it and all the people in line were like - "Well, no, we don't NEED it, but it's new so we HAVE to have it."

I thought that was a pretty dumb reason to spend all that money.

I totally agree, it is like a giant iPod touch! But it is better in ways too. Because of the massive screen, the apps are a lot more user friendly. I also have a laptop, and it is better. But the iPad isn't suposed to be a laptop, it's supposed to fill the gap between a laptop and an iPhone, and I think it does the job great. It is very small, very thin and super light. It's good if your, on the go and you don't want the weight of a laptop. It is also extremely easy to type on the landscape keyboard. I am typing this on my iPad at the same speed I would on my laptop. But ANYWAYS for what its meant to do, it does it extremely well! :))

Back