Intussusception

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, this has been a rough few days. :( Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Friday morning I lost another chin, and this was 2 days after I finished treatment. I called Dr. Herko on Friday about what to do, and again, I never got a call back. I finally decided to try a new vet that is also recommended on here. The only thing is, they aren't 24hrs. That same day my dog started throwing up so I took her in to see Dr.Innman, and I was very impressed! I felt comfortable with him, and figured if nothing happened with Herko (which at 4pm, I was still waiting for a call back), this was a good option. Herko never called us back. We ended up calling the hospital directly at 8pm and they said, "oh, he's left for the day." After my mom gave them a piece of her mind, she got in contact with him. He told us our options, and said to drop Indigo off in the morning if I wanted a full necropsy done. But at this point, I'm no longer feeling safe with this vet. So, I went on Saturday to drop Indigo off for a necropsy to Dr. Innman instead and he thought since he had been gone since Friday morning, it might be a little too late. He told me instead to bring everyone in on Monday and have them all checked out, that he'd weigh and examine all of them. Well, that's what I did today. Now I am giving Panacur once a day for 6 days and seeing what happens after that. If they aren't clear, than on to even more options. I just wish this would go away. :( I can't handle losing another one of my babies.

I am so very sorry. I hope they all get better and you have nothing but happy, healthy chinnies!

Brittney, I am so very sorry for your loss.
I just hope Panacur helps!
Sending BIG <HUGS> to you!!!!:hug2:

Back