Introduction

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadNes

Hi there everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shane Madden and I live in Calgary Alberta Canada.

I am a small hobby breeder that is consisting of 12 chins right now. Me and a few other breeders are going to try and start a chapter here in Canada to bring the chinchilla shows back up here.

Thanks
Shane

MadNes Chinchillas

These are the currant pics of my chins that we currently own.

1. Gizmo (Extreme Mosaic (PEC))
2. Cicero (Recessive White) (Bob Lowe)
3. Nitro (Black Velvet (VC))
4. Dodger (Standard (RWC))
5. Luna (Dark Ebony)

I am as well getting another Mosaic male (SC) and a Sapphire female. As well as Tan and Med Ebony female later this month.

Attachments

• Gizmo.jpg
    Gizmo.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Cicero.jpg
    Cicero.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 14
  • Nitro.jpg
    Nitro.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 12
  • Dodger.jpg
    Dodger.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Luna.jpg
    Luna.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 8
MadNes Chinchillas

These are the rest of my Chins

6. Avalanche (Ava) (Recessive White) (Bob Lowe)
7. Kiwi (Standard (VC))
8. Kassie (Standard (VC))

Attachments

• Ava.jpg
    Ava.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1702.jpg
    IMG_1702.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 6
**** from Ohio

Hi Shane, nice to meet you. Welcome to CnH.

Psst, Susan.... look above your post a few...there are pics ^^^ :) :p

Welcome Shane! We're happy to have you here. You have a nice herd!

I want to start a chapter here in Canada as well as shows. I used to have 4 chins when I was younger that I bred and adored. I am looking to breed for distinction and quality to help eliminate the flooding of generic chins in the market. By having a chapter here and shows will not only show the great production of breeders and their herds and also be informative to everyone else that does not know about chins and how breeding and caring for them properly with only make the species a better quality eliminating genetic defects.

I want to start a chapter here in Canada as well as shows. I used to have 4 chins when I was younger that I bred and adored. I am looking to breed for distinction and quality to help eliminate the flooding of generic chins in the market. By having a chapter here and shows will not only show the great production of breeders and their herds and also be informative to everyone else that does not know about chins and how breeding and caring for them properly with only make the species a better quality eliminating genetic defects.

Thank you for sharing this. What do you mean by 'generic' chins and 'distinction and quality' ? I noticed that your chins represent a wide range of colour mutations, including some that are quite hard to work with. Do you have specific goals relating to your various mutations?

It would be great to have shows actively happening in Canada. Have you been to many in the states?

Latest posts

Back