Injured red eared slider

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Narcissus

So...... Some one dropped off a RES at my house last night and she has some nasty injuries on her front legs. It looks like some thing (cage mates?) Were eating on her. I have her dry docked and let her soak four times a day. But I'm not real sure how to help her heal. The vet admitted to not knowing much about them. He told me "keep it clean" anybody know about these animals? Any ideas?

Poor little thing! I'm not sure what else you could do besides keeping it clean and continuing to soak her often...maybe an antibiotic? My vet has said that Baytril is the "go to" for exotics, but I've never had to bring our turtle in for an injury or infection. Can you ask your vet to call another vet office for advice.
Try posting on a turtle forum - the people on tortoiseforum.org might have some ideas. (there is a turtle subforum).
Good luck with the little lady!

Sadly, she had to be put down. I was able to get into my exotics vet and surgery would have been required and she never would be able to swim again. I decided that quality of life was better than quantity. I named her "lady", I held her til she passed.

Latest posts

Back