Injured baby bird?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMMTDF

There is this little tiny bird in our back yard, we have no idea what to do with it, my dog attempted to eat it so it is very injured, I can't tell if anything is broken though. Does anyone know what to do? It's a fledgling at best, I somewhat just want it to die, it would be best for the bird, but he his alive and I don't think he plans on giving up. Does anyone know any good rescue near Denver that would take him? Or just some help on what to do? I hope he dies soon, he is so much pain. :cry3:

I don't know where you are in CO, but there's a wild bird rehab organization in metro Denver: 303.751.5385. Otherwise I'd call animal control and they should be able to direct you.

I would also call a rehabber. they may atleast be able to end the bird's suffering if that is what is needed

We did after a while finally decide to take it to a rescue, actually the same one as above! They said that he would most likely make it on the phone, I'm so glad that he can actually live without my dog trying to eat him again. :p

You did the best thing by taking it to the rehabber as any bird caught by a dog or cat needs medical attention due to the pasturella virus and possible unseen injuries.

You guys did great by helping that birdie!

Good luck to the little guy! We have a bird rescue locally (45ish minutes away in York) who asks for your email address and updates you when the birds are old enough to be re-released and lets you know where they released them. I guess this wasn't offered by yours though?

Latest posts

Back