Increased drinking and urination

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy

First off, let me say that I have a vet appointment for Tuesday afternoon. My vet isn't in on Mondays..and of course Sundays. I couldn't get an appointment on last notice today.

Alright, time to explain.
I'm not sure if it was a month ago now, but I posted on here about my chinchilla being sick and she ended up having bloat.
The vet had me give her .2 ml of gas drops a few times a day. I'm terrified that maybe the gas drops were sugary and I gave her diabetes.
I gave her Little Tummys Gas Relief Drops for Infants.
Putting aside the diabetes..it could be some other horrid health problem...Yea...I'm losing my mind now.
Her tummy seemed pretty round yesterday so I gave her 4 more doses of gas drops through the day. Her tummy (when stretched out) feels fine now. My other chins tummy feels round when sitting normally as well so I assume that's normal for them.

She is pooing normally, eating normally, drinking more (mind you she drank more than the normal chin to begin with), and she doesn't appear lethargic at all to me. I did find her partially in her house. There is a hole on the top. She had her butt out the top with her feet on the top of the house and her head and hands inside..I have no clue if I caught her at a bad time, but he was like that for a few seconds till I opened the door.

Long explanation sorry, but you know how details can be important.

It's been raining here a lot the last couple weeks as well.
Increased humidity perhaps? The room temp maybe be 2 or 4 degrees hotter. It varies through the day obviously. Sitting at 72 at the hottest usually. She's usually in 68 degrees.

I fear about the long Saturday to Tuesday gap of time. Should I be worried now or be worried if she seems lethargic?

My hamster was drinking more than usual for about two days earlier this week..then went back to normal. Thought I'd include that tidbit of info.

Symptoms of diabetes in chins is a large appetite with weight loss, excessive urination, the thirst is almost like the chin gets freaky at the water bottle, lethargy and weakness at the back legs, painful tummy and may cry when picked up, fruity smelling breath.

Diabetes is not something you can "give", it's when the body doesn't process sugars right. People have been using gas drops for some time without having issues.

I have given wayy more than the does of gas drops you gave... Chin should be fine however any lethargy should Definitly be alarming but I highly doubt diabetes is the issue here

She got better when I turned the A/C down more.
My body doesn't process sugar right since I get hypoglycemia attacks, but I'm told I don't have diabetes. I don't get the difference. Forgive me. But, oh well she's better that's all that matters.

Hypoglycemia and hyperglycemic are two totally different things. Hypoglycemia is not caused by diabetes usually, but can be caused by too much meds for diabetes. If you're hypoglycemia you are probably pre-diabetic.

Latest posts

Back