In Desperate Need of Advice or Suggestions!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with him, I hope it all goes well for him, poor little guy!

He's home with me now. They actually gave me the cage and supplies with him, to my surprise. He does look a bit worse, the ringworm is now spread from his shoulderblades to the top of his head. He wasn't eating or very active all weekend. I bought alfalfa hay and he ate a good amount of it. It also looked like he wasn't given any chewsticks at least since last night and he perked up quite a bit when I gave him a few.

Another update, later than I intended because of my poor Demon...
Mister 'Zar is doing fantastic. My vet put him on an oral antifungal, which he absolutely loves and takes no problem. He's been on it a week and there is already a significant improvement in everything- his fur, his appetite, and his attitude. He's getting quite sassy, actually. He throws his chewstick out of the cage every time I put it back, and is now doing so in front of me. He begs for attention when I come in the room and no longer makes angry sounds when handled. He's like a totally different animal. I have a few new pictures, too.
Before:
DSCN3125.jpg

Now:
DSCN3134.jpg

DSCN3136.jpg

He looked worse than the first picture when I brought him home, all the fur on his shoulders was gone, up to between his ears and the skin was bright red. I can't wrap my mind around how quickly he's improving.

Fantastic. Well done for sticking to your guns and giving him a second chance.

What a difference a week can make! He looks so good, and I'm glad to hear he is feeling better. I bet he was pretty miserable.

I'll be keeping him. Originally I had thought that I would rehome but after watching his personality grow and his health improve I can't picture trusting anyone else to care for him right. I'm falling in love with the little guy.

I'm glad you'll be keeping him. You've obviously done a great job so far. I can't begin to tell you how happy those pictures make me every time I see them. Is Mister 'Zar short for something?

I named him Balthazar when we got him in at my store(most end up with nicknames) and since we've been calling him that for 3 months, I couldn't change it. However, Balthazar is a mouthful, especially when the owner of said name is getting into mischief every 3 seconds. So now I call him Zar, or Mister Zar when he's especially naughty.

Wow! He really does look a lot better already. I'm glad you're keeping him, they're so easy to fall in love with. :)

Update: Balthazar looks fantastic. His fur has all been back for several weeks. I gave him his first out of cage play time a few days ago, and he loves it. He is also very responsive and affectionate. Zar has his next vet's appointment next week and will hopefully get the all clear to come down stairs.

He sounds like a great chin, so glad this worked out. Thank you for fighting for him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back