I'm a new chin mom in OH

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maia

Forever Weird
Hi everyone! I just got my first chinchilla about 3 weeks ago. I always wanted one but I had a very possessive, devoted Siamese cat that I didn't want to make jealous. Sadly, my kitty passed away recently at age 18, and I found myself very lonely.
Suddenly a chinchilla sounded like a great new pet for me to give all my love to. His name is Sebastian and he is a very friendly, sweet big fella. I love him. I'm not sure how old he is but I'm guessing he is about a year.
I have been reading the forum and found some great info. Thankfully I have been doing things pretty right up to this point! :)

Welcome. It sounds like your cat lived to a very good age. Congrats on your new addition. :)

Hi and welcome! It was probably a good idea to hold off on getting a chin - your kitty was smart...he had you all to himself! I'm sorry he passed away. But congrats on your new chin, they are such great additions! But we really need a pic to truly appreciate your new guy ;)

Hi, and welcome! I am relatively new, my baby came to live with me approximately 3 months ago. Get ready for a fun ride!! They are one of best companions, but be careful, they are terrible theives. I promise that if it has not already happened, your heart will be stolen immediately - they just can't help it! The residents in our house include 1 dwarf hamster, Kayla (Kayla is a male, but my daughter wanted it to be a girl), two cats, Streak and Tabatha - these two of five strays we found on a dirt road. Their mother had been killed by a car and the babys were just tiny and almost feral. I'm such a sap, and spoiled to boot so my husband and I corralled them and took them home. I was able to find what I considered suitable homes for only three of them, hence we have two cats. We also have one dog - Tia, who was rescued from an animal shelter in I Believe Akron. My sister is a vet and I called her and asked her to find me a baby. She pulled Tia just in time - I still remember the pink streak on her right shoulder. I asked my sister what that was, she told me that Tia had been marked for basically what I consider murder. My sister did a full examination, got the adoption papers processed, spayed her, and brought down here to her new family. I had a "Prissy" that was adopted from the animal shelter down here, but as it turns out, she had Parvo. We only had her for about three weeks, and were forced to take her to the vet and "set her free". That was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but I had no choice. The animal shelter here is heinous - went there once, can't go back. I don't sleep well for several days after. Any way, 'nuff about me, Where's the pics, would love to see some!

I uploaded some pics to my profile but I guess they haven't been moderated yet or something. These are from the first week I got him, I have since learned that he will quickly demolish anything wicker (like his first hidey house, he now has a wooden one). He doesn't like crawling into the hole of most bath houses, so he has a small new litter pan for his baths until I find one he likes.

Edit: can I not post pics from facebook??

Last edited:
Wow your pets are lucky to have you, chinsmom!! :)

I figured it out. I feel so dumb :p

Attachments

• HPIM2260.jpg
    HPIM2260.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 8
  • HPIM2256.jpg
    HPIM2256.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9
  • HPIM2270.jpg
    HPIM2270.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
  • HPIM2259.jpg
    HPIM2259.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 7
What a handsome boy Sebastian is!:heart3: And you have such pretty red hair. Welcome to the forum :D

Latest posts

Back