ideal bass pan depth?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymilo

I am getting custom made bass pans for my ferret nation 142, I am getting 2 as I plan to divide the cage into a 2-level house. She will have access to both levels since the top pan will have a cut out. In your experience what is the ideal depth for the bass pans...both top and bottom??? Thanks a bunch :)!!!!

I just bought my pans from bass equipment from the California location and the man I spoke to told they no longer go deeper than 3 inches. He didn't tell me why. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

I'm ordering from a canadian company not bass equipment...but that sucks for those ordering from them...

I just bought my pans from bass equipment from the California location and the man I spoke to told they no longer go deeper than 3 inches. He didn't tell me why. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

I ordered from the same company 2 weeks ago. They were delivered a few days ago. They made them I believe Juuuust above 3 inches. Said they no longer made them any larger. Like above were unable to say why.

If you order the pans from another state though like I did originaly they will tell you 2 inches is as big as they make them and no larger can be made... so make sure you buy it from the right state (I dont know if you can buy them from our CA bass store and not live in this area... they may just send your order to the closer facility who makes the smaller pans?? Dont know about that one youd have to call them and find out.)

it's called grandview rabbitry....here is their website

http://www.grandviewrabbitry.com/index2.html

Just want to let you know that grandview rabbitry don't make the one with the cut outs I know coz I asked them LOL. I got mine at http://www.sunnymeadowscages.com/trays.html

Here is their price ;) (its 3 1/2 high)
first tray: $17.75
second one with the cutout: $23.00

If you want it lower than 3 1/2 you can ask them too. Also they are in Barrie so Idk if you would want to drive there or w.e they sometimes go in Toronto I did meet them up somewhere near my home so its good and if you want it delivered you can do that too! anyway I hope I helped!

Ok thanks so much, I just emailed them. I will probably ship as I am out of the country and I need them to have arrived before I get back...but if they go to Toronto maybe my parents can pick it up. Thanks again!!!

I got my 5" in height grandview rabbitry pans for the FN's (without the cut out) for $15 CAD. Brian was awesome to deal with. I got my cut out pan from bass equipment, but it was only 2 1/2" in height. I like the taller 5" height ones way better.

I think it depends on what you use. 4" for a wood shavings floor and maybe 2" or 3" for flannel. I would imagine any higher and you might only see their heads! :rofl:

hahahaha thats what i was thinking!!! i ended up ordering 4 inches...i hope i can still see her in the cage lol!!!

I got my 5" in height grandview rabbitry pans for the FN's (without the cut out) for $15 CAD. Brian was awesome to deal with. I got my cut out pan from bass equipment, but it was only 2 1/2" in height. I like the taller 5" height ones way better.

I was thinking that 4 or 5 inches would be a great height as well. I ordered my at 2" and I wish I would have gone the extra distance to get them custom made.

Latest posts

Back