I was hoping for twins and got sextuplets

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness Cat! Best wishes for the little ones. I know with my quads I killed a coffee grinder mixing ground pellets with goats milk to keep them filled up. You and Tiffany must be sleepless with such large litters.
The pictures are precious! Thanks for posting.

Adorable! And great weights for so many! I hope everything works out and everyone thrives. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Give mom an extra scritch!

congrats on the little ones they are very cute hope all goes well and you still get some sleep in the mean time

So exciting. They are adorable. Is this a record for you? For anyone? Can't wait to follow their story & see lots of pix!

Wow poor Momma! I hope everything goes well for her and the babies, and yourself.

I second this, I want to see a picture of momma when she was pregnant as well, if you have one.
Sorry I don't have a picture of her pregnant as she was very grumpy, for good reason I see.

Wow! Do you happen to have any other nursing females who could foster some of the kits? Six! Holy moly! That poor momma!

Wish I did but the only other female that is nursing currently has triples of her own.

What a super momma to have six with those weights. Looks like three mosaics and three standards and mostly girls! I don't envy the sleepless nights you have coming, but that's a nice set of kits. I hope they all do well for you! Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more about them as they grow.

Thanks everyone for wishing me luck.

That's gotta be some kind of record, or darn close to one! Good luck. What was mom's "any minute now" weight?

This is her first litter so I had no "any minute now" weight on her. She is normally 760 grams and was 1029 grams on 1/20.

So exciting. They are adorable. Is this a record for you? For anyone? Can't wait to follow their story & see lots of pix!

This is a recond for me. I'll post pictures as they grow.

WOW!!! i'm stunned!!! I didn't know that chins could have such large litters!!! And they all seem to be doing fine...I hope that you are able to keep up with them and rotate them with Momma!!!

Do we know if this is a record of some sort???

They are GORGEOUS!!! :hearts: Congratulations!!!

holy god almighty...

I have heard of someone that had 7 in a litter

haha, did the seventh kit have to alternate on a nipple with the others?? no, I'm kidding, but hopefully she can nurse all but one or two (I don't even know how many they can normally nurse at once, I'd guess 3-4? <---shot in the dark) so you won't have to hand feed the whole lot!!!

Back