I succeeded!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon

I was ACCEPTED into Youth Parliament! :dance3:

We actually had a real debate today! It was televised and I was nervous. Before it starts you stand up, face the door and say the Lord's Prayer. I said a couple of rebuttles and the people on my side were extremely nice and helped me through it. I am Opposition wich basically is the party who was not elected into Government and we argue everything the Government says. This debate was about the Government wanted to add Sexual Orientation (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, etc.) to the Human Rights Act, because it is not in there. The hard part was that tensions were high because of the Religion thing. Everyone was Christian, and my side was against it, arguing man made man and woman, and if he intended for homosexual relationships that he would've created it as such. It was a tough topic.

(I do not mean for this to offend anyone or spark a debate, but I was placed on Opposition and I have to argue anything, whether I believe it or not.)

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll become less nervous with future debates and will be a pro in no time.

Hey awesome job! I know its sometimes tough to debate something you don't believe it, but that's the point of the club. I was on mine for a year, but that's cause it had a funny name. Anyway, have fun with it and good luck with future debates.

Latest posts

Back