I need cell phone advice from Canadians

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

keninphilly

I am moving to Montreal and I have an iPhone. I want to get the new 3GS phone. I see that Rogers and Fido both have iPhone plans but their websites are SO MUCH MORE confusing that the cell phone carriers here, everything is an add on. It looks reasonable but after you add all the services "a-la-cart", if you will, the price tag grows faster than a glutton at Thanksgiving!

Any one have a plan at either of these places (and if you have an iPhone too, even better). Can you help me decipher some of this???

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WRLS_HOME

http://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Shop_Landing

I have an iPhone with Rogers. I dont know what my plan is to be honest, but I have a certain amount of online browsing and text messaging.. that's all I know.. LOL. It was bought as a gift so I don't have the details but I find most people I know either have Telus (which doesn't have iPhone) or Rogers. And the good thing with Rogers is if anything happens, you can always threaten to leave their services and they do ANYTHING to make you stay LOL.

I didn't knew Fido had the iPhone too, I tought it was only Rogers, looks like it was so popular they don't have enough stock enymore. One of my ex-boss had a plan with Rogers and it cost like 100$ a month *dizzy*. Just be carfull about the hidden fee and bull**** like "network access fee", it's just a way of charging you more and it's not a fee that the CRTC ask to cell phone provider like they want you to believe.

I'd like to seek opinion about Fido (but for a cheap phone), I might be being a phone pretty soon and the new eco phone by Nokia is tempting, but is only with Fido.

I have an iPhone with Rogers. I dont know what my plan is to be honest, but I have a certain amount of online browsing and text messaging.. that's all I know.. LOL. It was bought as a gift so I don't have the details but I find most people I know either have Telus (which doesn't have iPhone) or Rogers. And the good thing with Rogers is if anything happens, you can always threaten to leave their services and they do ANYTHING to make you stay LOL.

I can tell you she doesnt have picture messaging.. At least not from an american.. LOL

Ken are you just going to buy the new phone when you get there or are you going to get your current phone unlocked so you can use that for the time being.. If you get it unlocked all you have to do is tell them you are moving out of the country and need the unlock code. Some will tell you they cant do it or that it will take 24-48 hours.. but if you are persistant enough you can get it right away. Then you can save a couple bucks depending on how much you like your current iphone.

The Rogers network actually owns Fido, that's why both companies offer the iphone.

Unfortunately, the phone plans for iphones are notoriously expensive in Canada. It caused quite a raucus when they first came out.

We have a cheaper phone with fido and no complaints about them so far (been on their plan for about a year)

I can tell you she doesnt have picture messaging.. At least not from an american.. LOL

Ken are you just going to buy the new phone when you get there or are you going to get your current phone unlocked so you can use that for the time being.. If you get it unlocked all you have to do is tell them you are moving out of the country and need the unlock code. Some will tell you they cant do it or that it will take 24-48 hours.. but if you are persistant enough you can get it right away. Then you can save a couple bucks depending on how much you like your current iphone.

I have my phone "jailbroken", so technically I could take it with me, but I want to get the new 3GS phone. Hmm... I just love it so much and use it for everything, I don't think that I could go back to just having a "regular" phone.

Back