I made cookies!!! (am super proud of self!!)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vcchinchilla

583b1fc1.jpg

so I'm really low on cookies I bought on here a long time ago
and I researched left and right on the forum here for recipes!
and have finally come up with one recipe of my own after four weeks of thinking and one failed attempt =D
it took me all last night to make them
when I was done I wasn't certain if my da Vinci would like it. I made it for him! I needed some how to make his boring pellets more awesome, I don't want to give him anymore treats even though i have the super nice herbal treats from fuzzies kingdom, I wanted for him to eat more. he isn't skin and bones any more but isn't as big as meimei (is a round sexy ball)
also something he would want so I can bribe him to be more comfortable with me. up till now I haven't done much with him and let him do as he pleases and get comfortable in his new home (he seemed traumatized when I got him)
I also wanted something that contains no sugar like some recipes
because he has a heart murmur. a cookie that is healthy mainly made of his food that I can give more of and not go over his treat quota...

so here it is! 8hours later pictures of them clawing it out my hands lol
2eb57452.jpg

please spread the news to rescues as I have reserved 2dozen free to rescues (see supplies for sale thread) I admire their efforts taking in abused, neglected, traumatized chins and pay with their own money from the goodness of their hearts to save them. I hope one day I can do the same but for now I offer free cookies !

Last edited:
Congrats! Such lucky chins getting to taste test the first ones!! :D

I've tried to make cookies before, but they turned out pretty bad :/ and my chin didn't even like them LOL.

Congrats! I made some cookies but mine were too moist. Thankfully I let them sit overnight before offering them. When I checked them two days later (I'd forgotten about them) they were moldy. Good thing my girls didn't get any. Now I'm paranoid to make any and have them end up the same way. How'd you form them into those cute little shapes?

cookie cutter =P
I waited and demanded from those high end cooking utensil store to find me a tiny $2 one lol

Those are cute cookies! I need to try making some cookies as well :)

I'd love to make some cookies for my Rosey! Would anyone mind sharing a recipe with me please please, pretty-please?!

Yeah I second the recipe request!!! Thosoutré so cute though, if I had patience I could probably do it. But congrats, those are so darn cute and the pics are adorable too :)

My chin nibbled my finger and threatens that more nibbling will follow if he doen't get (a comparable) recipe!

Adorbs!! :hearts:

I would love to know where you got such a tiny gingerbread man cutter!!! I have some expired CC on hand I could use to make a batch of cookies...

I wanna know how to make the healthy cookies my Wakka thinks she needs a treat every time I enter the room...lol And always gives me a pouty face when she doesn't get one....

@anna35
i sell them =D
if your a rescue they're is 2 dozen free but only need to pay for shipping

hehehe! everyone! just you wait till my next cookie idea becomes reality, it's going to be summer themed
:chin5::chin3:

Last edited:
Congrats! I made some cookies but mine were too moist. Thankfully I let them sit overnight before offering them. When I checked them two days later (I'd forgotten about them) they were moldy. Good thing my girls didn't get any. Now I'm paranoid to make any and have them end up the same way. How'd you form them into those cute little shapes?

You can always check one, and leave them in the oven on low heat until they are dry enough. It's like making biscotti - once cut, you set the oven to 200° F, put them back in, and pretty much walk away!

If you don't have cookie cutters, a juice glass will do to make rounds, which you can then just score, or cut into quarters with a table knife before you bake them for wedge-shaped pieces.

Latest posts

Back