I just realized i'm paying the same price of Oxbow for Mazuri at PetsMart

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickv0195

Nick
So i always said how Oxbow is so expensive. It's $15 for a 5 lb. of oxbow chinchilla pellets. But i pay $10 for 2.5 lb. bag of Mazuri chinchilla food. So a 5 lb. bag would be $20 . Thats ridiculous. Does anyone know a good quality food that is not too much money ?

Sandi sells Oxbow. It's $10.75 for a 5 lb bag. That is the cheapest you are going to find it.

No i'm not looking for oxbow i buy mazuri i'm saying that i'm paying the same amount for Mazuri that it cost for oxbow. My counselor gave me this agricultural store in Topsfield's number , so i will call now and see how much they charge for chinchilla food if they sell it.

Sandi sells Oxbow. It's $10.75 for a 5 lb bag. That is the cheapest you are going to find it.

Take a look at the list of sellers. We have many that sell Mazuri.

Typically the ag stores & feed stores will only sell in 25 & 50 pound bags. I used to get a 25 lb bag of mazuri for 13 bucks. Which wad nice cause I was paying 9 at petsmsrt for 2.5 lb. If you won't use it all you can either find someone local to split it with or donate it to a rescue.

It's still going to be about half the price of what you are paying at petsmart now. I can fit 15 lbs in a medium flat rate box - the cost with shipping is $23. That would cost over $54 at petsmart and it wouldn't be as fresh.

If you order from someone here, you could order other things at the time to make it more worth it with the shipping. I know that a lot of people use the flat rate boxes or find the cheapest shipping.

oh okay, message me :) I would love to buy some.

It's still going to be about half the price of what you are paying at petsmart now. I can fit 15 lbs in a medium flat rate box - the cost with shipping is $23. That would cost over $54 at petsmart and it wouldn't be as fresh.

If you order from someone here, you could order other things at the time to make it more worth it with the shipping. I know that a lot of people use the flat rate boxes or find the cheapest shipping.

If you find a feed store nearby, it could be less than that for an entire 25 lb bag... I'll send you a message, but if you can look around for a Purina dealer near you, you may be able to find it cheaper because there would be no shipping.

you may have to retype the rabbit chow link because the combination of the two words forms a curse word and it wont link. lol!!

or just do a search for purina rabbit show chow. it will direct you to the purina rabbit site.

mazuri is sold in 25 lb bags and usually costs about 12 - 16 dollars and the PRSC is sold in 50 lb bags and is usally 14 - 17 (their prices just went up)

also if you were thinking of switching to the Oxbow brand, than your best bet is to purchase from Sandi. she has the best prices and the most recent mill date.

the stuff sold in petsmart in the smaller bags is way less fresh than anything sold on line here. Sandi is purchasing a 50lb bag direct from Oxbow & breaking it up & selling it. she isnt really making anything off it, just trying to keep her babies in the freshest food!

I buy a 25 lb of Mazuri at our local Agway store for $17.00 . Best price so far. Look for feed stores if they dont have it in stock they should be able to get it for you if they sell Purina products.

Latest posts

Back