I am back with babies!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful pics! Yes, you sexed them right. Are their eyes open? If not you might need to help them open them. You can ask for help on that here, I don't know how to do it--you have to be really gentle with them.
Are they kind of tan ish like in the second picture you posted (just above me), or are they more of a white/gray? Just wondering!

Yep, you sexed them correctly. The bellies are white and they are very clearly beige. They may be on the lighter side but hetero beiges come in many different shades.

Also, just because both babies are beige does NOT mean the dad had to be homo beige. I've had hetero beige/standard pairs that produce triplets that are all hetero beige. So any guess on the dad's color will be pure speculation. Can't tell you unless you have a photo of him.

Thank you for your help all! Also yes both have there eyes open. They were open shortly after birth (by the time they completely dried). :thumbsup:

They look more tan/white however it really depends on the lighting. But they really do look more white/tan to me but i am no expert!!!! hehe

Okay I know this crazy but in the first picture of bottom areas is the female and the second is the male correct??? I want to make sure and I am sure I will continue to sex them until I rehome all females in their cage and all males in there own cage ;-)...I would like to avoid pregnancy as much as possible until I can go to some shows and spend some time with a breeder or two. Anyone know of a good breeder in Chesapeake, VA or close distance??? I would like to avoid all those who are not actual members please!!!!!!

yes first pic is girl and second is a boy. and they are absolutely beautiful!!! i love the last picture in the second set of pictures. just enjoy the time while it lasts like children they grow too fast. i am not in the VA area at all sorry i cannot help there but congrats again on the babies they are cuties.

So adorable!!!

Cindy, do you own a rescue? I'm trying to locate all the rescues in the eastern/central VA area. I want to find a friend for my chin.

I Rescue.... However I do not adopt out as I am not a "legal Rescue". I am selfish lol. I take in the unwanted....I love them too much!!!!!! Sorry but will keep my ears and eyes open for ya!

Latest posts

Back