Hunchback

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScarlettSugoi

Scarlett...back again. My friend pointed out that she thought Pixel may have hunchback. I thought nothing of it since I think he looks find [for once] since he has looked like this...for as long as I can remember.

But me, being a worrier. Here is a pic. Help.

Attachments

• chinny.JPG
    chinny.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 58
Is that his normal posture look? Is he a fur chewer? What is his weight? What are you feeding?

( sorry if these are posted elsewhere)

I would be concerned about poor nutrition, which can lead to chewing as well as hunch back.

When I got him he ate petstore food for about a month, Kaytee

But recently I got him good food. Atleast Ive been told Oxbow hay and pellets are good.

And recently he started chewing his fur :/ About 3 days ago [and recently started laying on his side but people here said that was normal]

Did you switch him over to the Oxbow gradually?

Usually hunchback is a symptom of a chin losing weight. Do you weigh him regularly? If he is losing weight and starting to chew his fur he may be in pain. You may want to take him to your vet for a wellness check. Has he been in any stressful situations lately? Any change to his routine?

Jeff

I did change him gradually, not as gradually as i should i know now.

but the change cleared up his soft stool he had from the bad food.

and he has. sadly my sisters dog is staying with us and she is loud. and i had two friends over and that seemed to freak him out.

im trying good to keep him stress free.

Is he eating the same amount of food as normal? Do you weigh him regularly?

I still would take him to the vet for a well check. That way you could rule out teeth problems/pain as a possible cause of weight loss and fur chewing. If it is pain induced rather than stress induced it's much better to correct it now and get Pixel comfortable.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back