Humping

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daina91880

Do girls ever hump other girls? I've had my girls for about five months now and tonight, Cissy keeps mounting Bella from behind. They're five years old and came to me bonded. This is the first time I've seen this and I thought I'd better ask.

I have seen several female humping males and females As Chechinchillas said it is either them playing around or re-establishes the dominance thing

has anything changed in their cage or room? the change may have upset their relationship slightly and they feel the need to re-establish who is 'boss' in what they perceive as a 'new' environment.

keep an eye out for anything more aggressive than mounting, as this could indicate their bond is starting to fall apart.

She only did it that one night. Maybe they can sense the new male we brought home last week? That's the only major change.

It doesn't have to be a major change, and that's not a major change, that's a world of change to a chin. I am not sure if you are planning on breeding, but if so there is a good chance that can ruin their bond as well.

No breeding here, just adopted a new pet! I'll leave the breeding to the experts!

The girls have been fine since that one night. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Back