How to get them to stop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookie

I try to take my chinnies out s much as I can which is USUALLY at least once a day. Since I am on vacation, the chins aren't in a large cage and they don't have a wheel but they have a tube, a hide house,and some shelves. Every night thoughthey bite the bars like CRAZY. Cookie escaped last night and i woke up at 7:00am to him jumping on my head! (a bar had broke and he got through) how can I help my chinnies not be so bored! I can't make it to a petstore, but I can make homemade things. Does anyone elses chins do this? Mine NEVER do this at home.

Sounds like you're in a rural area? Look for wild-growing grape vine, apple and pear trees, see if the property owner has ever sprayed them, and if not, ask if you can cut some wood from them. (If it's grape vine, usually the owner will either be very protective or be glad to be rid of it!) It doesn't take much to prepare it to be safe for chins, and you'll be able to load them up with chews while they're stuck in the smaller space.

If you can make it to a hardware store, some clean scrap lumber (white pine/white wood) makes good toy parts too, and you can get some hardware cloth while you're there to reinforce the chewed bars.

Yep. My ex's chin even liked watching/talking back to video games. My chins seem to like nature/animal shows like Dog Town and Nat. Geo. They also often like music; acoustic guitar, piano, and violin (and me singing) moreso than other types, but my ex's chin likes metal (Metallica, Amon Amarth, etc.).

Mine liked watching the news.......I would have on animal planet or cartoons for them, Gumby likes cartoons, but Elmo only watches the late night news and soapies...lol

My chinnies love cartoon movies mostly. Adventures of Milo and Otis, The Secret of Nimh, and Madagascar are their favorites. Although Bowie will sit and watch pretty much any movie or show with us when the TV is on. Bowie is a chinny Netflix addict. He even gets annoyed when we have to pause. LOL

I will admit one of my boys likes to sit next to me and watch tv after some massive jumping. As for my other boy he likes to play on my laptop, you'll be amazed what a chinchilla can google :dance3:

Latest posts

Back