How the heck do you find a pet sitter?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraighenry

Ugh! We're looking at going out of town for a few days over Labor Day, been scouring the local pet sitters + our vet and can't find anything. I thought I started early enough but not so much!

Have you managed to find a sitter? How did you do it?

And as a side note, if you know of someone who needs extra $$ in the Portland metro area and is knowledgeable about chins, let me know :)

We trained up our kid neighbor who likes animals. She can do everything from just feeding to cleaning cages, and is kind of "on-call". We pay her well and she is used often, so she makes a lot of money for a high schooler!

Are there any rescues in your area? I know myself, and several other chinchilla rescues take in boarders for when people go on vacation.

I think Quality Mutations used to board but I tried e-mailing a couple times and didn't hear back. No other chin rescues in the area. I'm trying to get some of my friends, who love the chinnies, to come and pet sit but everyone wants to go out of town over Labor Day!

Oh, yeah, just checked QM site again and all info about boarding is gone.

i had one of my friends watch our animals. she came over every day to feed and water them.
and then give BooBoo a dust bath when he needed it.
we were gone for 2 weeks.
i taught her the stuff she needed to know about BooBoo and i wrote everything down for her as well.
it went fine, he's happy and alive :)

Luckily my neighbor was able to watch/take care of my chinchillas for the 10 days I was gone earlier in May. She actually breeds hamsters and pretty much has a whole zoo for a house so she was already pretty knowledgeable about how to take care of them. I just left her a small notepad with a list of what needs to be taken care of and when.

Back