How old were you when you got your first chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old were you when you got your first chin?

• Total voters

Rebecca1122

Charged By Chins.
I was just wondering how old you were when you got your first chin?
Feel free to comment below :)

Last edited:
I had just turned 13 when my boys came home. I was 12 when I put down my deposit!

I was 45 when we bought Emma her first chins. Emma was 9 1/2 years old and bought them as pets/4H project. Emma is now 11 1/2 and ony remains interested in her pets as music, video games and friends are more important to her at this age.

She has left 4H and I now breed for show and am up to 47 chins including breeders and babies.

I was 9 years old when my Dad gave me a white mosaic female for Christmas. I was already feeding and cleaning cages for my Grandpa and his 500 chins and then I'd go home and help my Dad do chores with his 125 chins. I guess they figured I was responsible enough to take care of 1 of my own. Lol! From that point on, I worked for my Grandpa and he would repay me by letting me choose a culled female from his breeders. This is how I got started and built my small herd of animals. Eventually, I moved all of mine in with my Dad's and we worked together with them till 2009. We sold them all to Gary Neubauer and Bill Booker. I got some chins back in 2010 on my own and am now in the process of building back up my established quality show lines.

Back