How much to save for a first colony!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone, You've given me a lot of food for thought on my breeding plans! I also found that the local chin vet does Csection for 750 but never after hours. So, I'm going to save the 1k still and find an e-vet back up too.

Pookinaround I've definitely read about a lot of crazy stuff, I know I'll cry my heart out when I loose my first baby/adult. I know I'll make it through it too after I get all the tears out. I've bred other small animals before and I remember the heart break of hand feeding a little guy you know wont live but trying anyway, or feeling helpless as a cold goes through your herd =( Hopefully I can mentor with one of the locals in person this year too so I can gain some hands on with hand feeding chins, sexing kits, and other husbandry skills!

Jessica Olson

I have a page of "breeding gone wrong" on my site, it shows photos of what kind of things breeders see. Some may breed for years and not see anything go "wrong" others will seem to have all of the bad luck in their first year so it's always a good idea to be prepared!

Latest posts

Back