How Many Quads?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many Quad Litters?

• One or Two

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Three to Five

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Six to Ten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over Ten

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Terbear24

TLCuties
I have only had 2 litters of quads born here and it was from the same mother. But I have been breeding for 7 years now and I find it weird I havent had more quads.... (not that I'm really complaining bc I know it is harder)
:dance3:

Tell me how many you have had since you have been breeding and if its been from the same mother.

I've had 2 litters of 4 and a litter of 5. I always dreaded large litters.

When I first started breeding, I had a girl who always had quads or triplets. These days, it seems I either get singles or triplets.

**knocks on wood** I've been blessed to have had triplets as my largest litters to date!

3 sets for me! 2 at the same time, and when I had just began breeding. It was pretty scary, I still have 3 of those kits! They turned out huge and gorgeous for me. My last set of quads I had 2 pass away, which was awful. They were just too small. I hate having quads and hope I never do again! Which is why I will probably go down to the chin room this morning and find some! Lol.

Did anyone ever play with those little "Quints" dolls when they were a kid? I am beginning to think those dolls cursed me....

My first litter was quads. I've had nothing but twins and one singleton since. That set of quads was a challenge. I had to fed the smallest one because the other three would not let him nurse. In fact, they chewed up the left side of his little face when he was 3 days old. The second to the smallest kit got his ears chewed off. Tons of fun! (insert sarcasm icon here). I am glad to say that both kits recovered and all four grew up to be big, strong, healthy boys.

I have only had 2 quad litters, in the first 3 made it and in the last only 1 but they ranged from 22 grams to 34 grams, the one who lived was 24 grams when born.

Just had my 3rd set of quads yesterday! I much prefer twins or singletons though. I always worry about any more than two.

we've had over ten since we've been breeding from different females, 2 of them more consistantly. I'll take twins or trips over quads anyday. Keeping all 4 is really hard.

I have had quads twice from the same mother. But she has them 2 1/2 years apart. Last year she had twins and triplets. I breed her twice a year. She normally has 2 or 3 at a time. Shes a great mom, and I never have to worry when she has quads. You really can't decide how many they have. I'm lucky if I get twins out of the rest of my girls. Normally I usually only get one. Once in a while I'll get twins or triplets, but usually I get one.

Off the top of my head :I've had four litters of quads. A pure standard litter, standard x ebony litter, standard x black velvet, and standard x pink white. .. The pure standard litter and ebony litter had the same male.

Trips seem to be very common here, as well as twins. I get few single births, too but mostly twins/trips.

I have only had trips, but bought a female from a friend that has had quads, I believe 2 or 3 times now. Her last 2 litters were only singletons, so lets hope no quads! I can just envision the squabbles and work involved in keeping all happy!

I've had 2 litters of quads (2 different pairs) and 1 litter of 7. The litter of 7 was before my 2 litters of quads, so having quads didn't seem so difficult after caring for a litter of 7.

I've had 1 set of quads here and w/ just a little help from me, the mother did really well all 4 of them. Did a little rotating and a bit of suppliment feeding, but basically she took care of them. (Gave her a nice long break after that)

I ahve quite a few quads (9) and 1 litter of quints. Sage gave me quads at least once a year especially when she was paired with dreamcatcher and when she was younger as she aged she went to singles. My eb line has thrown the quints and quads in the past but now it seems twins or triplets is the norm for them.

Back