How do you store your bedding?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PITSTOP64

HI EVERYONE..
I JUST BOUGHT 3 BIG BAGS OF NEPCO BEDDING(SHAVINGS),AND AM STARING AT THEM IN THE ROOM,& WONDERING IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO KEEP THIS,OTHER THAN LEAVING IT IN THE BAGS?
ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT,AND LET ME KNOW HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR SUPPLIES?
Penny
:cheer2:

That bedding is nicely packed in the bag, if you were to try to store it otherwise it would take up a lot more room. We just keep the bags in a dry place and only open one at a time.

Hi,
How are you?
Yeah I was thinking the same,but was wondering how other people do store it?
I sent my husband to the place you suggested,& he came home with 3 bags!!
Haaa,Haa!
Did you get my meassgae about the girls I sent last week?
Penny

I keep my big bags of shavings and dust in the garage, but keep one of those plastic sets of drawers next to their cage inside. I can just pull a drawer out and fill it up with shavings, and that lasts me quite a while for just filling litter pans. I keep toys and wood in the other drawer, bags of dust in another drawer.

example: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001RCUNOI/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=284507&s=kitchen

That's what I do too. My chins don't use much bedding and I only fill the drawer every two weeks or so. This method keeps me from being clumsy and knocking over that big bag and spilling bedding everywhere.

I go through a bale or more weekly so I keep all my bales of shavings in the garage on a pallet. I also keep my bags of feed stacked on the pallet.

Hi,
How are you?
Yeah I was thinking the same,but was wondering how other people do store it?
I sent my husband to the place you suggested,& he came home with 3 bags!!
Haaa,Haa!
Did you get my meassgae about the girls I sent last week?
Penny

I'm good, very busy but things are slowing down finally.
3 bags will last you...forever. We go through 3 bags every 3-4 months.
I did get your e-mail! I'm glad you're enjoying them!

I just keep the shavings in the bags. I go through a ton of that stuff with 10 of my own pet chins and the 4 rescues here right now. I have bags stashed all over as I don't have a garage. I even have some under my ferret nation cages.

I keep my shavings in the bag, in the chin room. They are stored in a rubbermaid tote, but that's only because it was available and convenient to have it out of sight.

I keep the bags up on a shelf and when I open one I empty what I can fit into a 30 gallon trash can(never used for trash of course). I usually get about half to 2/3 of the bag in there. I find it is much easier to scoop bedding out of that than the bags. What doesn't fit just gets closed bag up in the bags.

I agree with every one; to keep them in the bags is the best. The stuff is vacuumed packed to cut down on space and it will keep fresher longer in the original factory seal. I live in a smallish two bedroom apartment....three bags of shavings and my partner and I would have to live out in the hallway!

Back