How do you layer your fleece liners?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many layers are your FLEECE LINERS?

• 2 Layers of Fleece only

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • 3 Layers of Fleece only

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • 4 Layers of Fleece only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Layers of Fleece, OLD towel in the middle

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 2 Layers of Fleece, New towel in the middle

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other combination, please describe

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

Dustbunnies

Mama of Pepper and Bunny
I was thinking of making fleece liners but was wondering if making them without towels was absorbent enough if I change them often (every other day). How many layers and of what does everyone make theirs?

I have towels in the ones I have now but they shrink up a lot. I wash them in cold with no softener.

Share your experience (what you have and how successful they are), please.

Last edited:
Most people either do one layer of fleece inside, a layer of batting, or a towel. I prefer the towel as it seems like it absorbs more. I found that if you wash the towel and fleece in hot water before sewing it keeps its shape and doesn't shrink afterward. I also do not dry my liners after they are sewed. Fleece is barely wet once it comes out of the washer, so I just hang them when they come out and by the next morning they are completely dry. I also have to pay $1.00 for every load I dry since I use a community washer/dryer for my home (separated into two apartments, and the washer/dryer is paid for by the landlord, so he tries to make up some money for water/electric by charging for the dryer) so I do it also to save money.

Last edited:
I put them in the dryer because I only have one set and have to get them back in there quickly. I didn't make these myself. I would have preshrunk the heck out of them first had I. I wouldn't think batting would be all that absorbent, but I guess it is good cushion for little dive bombers like mine.

I put them in the dryer because I only have one set and have to get them back in there quickly. I didn't make these myself. I would have preshrunk the heck out of them first had I. I wouldn't think batting would be all that absorbent, but I guess it is good cushion for little dive bombers like mine.

It's actually very absorbant. My pans are never wet underneath the fleece.

I have one that I got from Threewingedfury, and they are amazing and really luxurious. It deffinately feels nicer then the ones I made. But I made ones that are two layers thick and as my girls use a peep pan they are really easy to keep. Fleece is really absorbant and it wicks moisture very quickly. Peep pans are the savior of my cages.

I use two layers of fleece and batting in between.. my pans are never wet underneath :)

When I made some I had three layers of fleece and the floor was never wet.

I think I read somewhere to use baby diapers [not disposable of course] in the center, don't know much about that idea tho..

i use senior bedwet sheets (the washable kind) they are pricy to start but it is better than disposables (for safety reasons) and i use ferret nation fleece liners, i just fold excess pad under, and then just tuck it inside the liner, velcro shut, each liner lasts me 1 week, i vac daily! works well no smells! looks NICE

Latest posts

Back