How do you dry a hedgie

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diesel

I was curious what i should use to dry my my hedgie. is a regular towel ok?

I use a regular towel and snuggle them for about 15-20 min. They are normally dry by then and then I check to make sure before the go for playtime or back in the cage.

I dry mine the same as Melissa! Regular towel and snuggle for a while. Now that it's getting a little cooler I put a "people" heating pad on my lap, set on low for the snuggle... just to prevent a chill while he's still damp :)

I have snuggle bugs for hedgehogs. I tend to give a bath before their cuddle/snuggle times. After the bath, they get a dry with a normal towel, then they typically will lay on my chest with a nice warm fleece blanket over us.

I let Kimmy snuggle in a normal towel for a few minutes to get all the extra water off her then I transfer her to a thick towel.

Perkins used to have a baby blanket that he absolutely loved. If he was stressed, I would just get the blanket and he would calm right down. Kimmy doesn't have a baby blanket yet since I haven't picked one up at the store for her. I keep forgetting.

Back