Horse Name Sugggestions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacd061506

Hello everyone! I have a new horse and she needs a name! I'm not the best at naming my pets, I always ask others for their suggestions and then choose one.

She is a chestnut and white paint mare, she is 10 years old and 17 hands tall. Her registered paint horse association name is Cash From Above (her parents are The Cash Button and From Above)...the previous owners called her Josie but I have three relatives with horses named Josie!

So...here are a couple pictures of her....any suggestions on a name?

Attachments

• horse1.jpg
    horse1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 124
  • horse3.jpg
    horse3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 123
  • horse4.jpg
    horse4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 116
My first thought was Alpine, and the second name that came to me was Chessie
(short for chesnut)
She's beautiful!!

She's gorgeous! Can you change it to something that sounds similar, like Jessie? I would think it would be confusing to change it drastically after 10 years!

Thanks I think she is beautiful and gorgeous too (haha)!

She doesn't know her current name is Josie...which is the main reason I'm changing it! She has been passed around for a few years, she started as a show horse in the paint horse circuit, bred a couple times then sent to a non-profit riding school/horse rehab place. Everyone there was scared of her size so she wasn't ridden much (if at all) in the 5 years she was there. She spent much of her time in the pasture with other horses. She was placed up for sale recently for only $300, she needs a little refreshing but is a great wonderful horse! I just don't know what to call her!

I do like cashmere, though!

hmm... well... as we all know, horses eat people. So I'd have to go with something like "Chomper" or "Hidden Menace" or "Yes, I Will Chase You Across a Field and Eat Your Face Off" as a subtle warning.

Really though, I'd try a few different names with her and see which she responds to. With her history, it's probably best to make sure she has a say.

Her right side basically has a US map... I'd go patriotic with her name.

Huh...I hadn't noticed that...it's just missing Michigan (lol the state we live in)...I mentioned that to the boarding manager and she said Liberty as a patriotic name

She is gorgeous. $300. what a bargain. I will have to go with Cashmere
I know! It was a crazy situation, she was actually listed for $1,500, but they were looking to trade for a shorter broke horse. My friend had a horse that was for $300 that she was looking to re-home but she was too short for me (I'm 6 foot tall) so I contacted them and they were willing to make the trade, so I paid $300 to my friend and traded the horses. The non-profit ended up with an amazing smaller horse that is kid/lesson ride-able and works well for their program as no one is afraid of her and I got one heck of a deal on a horse that fits me! I like that name choice too!

hmm... well... as we all know, horses eat people. So I'd have to go with something like "Chomper" or "Hidden Menace" or "Yes, I Will Chase You Across a Field and Eat Your Face Off" as a subtle warning.

Really though, I'd try a few different names with her and see which she responds to. With her history, it's probably best to make sure she has a say.

Haha, I had a friend that would have agreed with you a couple years back...then I got a-hold of her...now she owns one!!!!!

how about Kasha? it's a shortened variation from her registered name, simple to say, and feminine.
Hmm... I like that....It's a great way to keep Cash in her name without taking the name from her father (the cash button) or previous sires who all have Cash in their name...thanks for the suggestion, it might be just what I was looking for!

Last edited:
I've tried a few of the suggestions, nothing seems to fit her. I had someone suggest Penny (in place of Abe since she is a girl), it's just not for her. So I'm still looking for a name. Nothing seems to fit her that I've come up with. So if you have any other suggestions please let me know....oh and for my other pets I've used people names or names from movies (disney, caroon, and comedy) so if you can think of anything along those lines that would be helpful!!!
Thanks

how about Amarah? (i pronounce it 'A-mare-ah'). puts the map on her right side into play, as it is almost like saying America.

The suggestion of the name 'Cashmere' sounds great. Kind of funny too, cause its also a play on 'Cash'. Very feminine.

Latest posts

Back