Horrible News Story.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brittney

This is happening literally down the street from me and happened right before I got on this exit to go home. A driver of a dump truck plowed into 5 motorcycles stopped at a stoplight, kept going while dragging 3 and leaving the other 2 severely injured. The 3 trapped died on scene. They just announced that the driver was under the influence. They are still investigating. Pray for the families of/and those involved. Very scary stuff.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/p...wreck-on-Carefree/VwL7ONcC50ut3E2abcC4Qg.cspx

My friend lives right down the road from this and told me about this. She was on the scene handing out water to people. I hope they hang this guy out to dry and nail him to the wall! Those poor men and their families!

Its accidents like this that make me applaud the death penalty, and wish it were used more often. An eye for an eye,...thats what should be done here...Sorry to be so morbid but it's true

I hate those accidents on or near I-17. Before you moved to Phoenix, Brittney, I-17 was impossible to get down without hitting a traffic jam on any day and pretty much at any time. At least they finally have most of the construction done! If there's ever an accident, they shut down EVERYTHING and make traffic that makes people go into road rage fits. I hope that they didn't keep Carefree Highway closed for too long!

I will never ride on a motorcycle. I hope they do something to the dump truck driver more than just a slap on the wrist. It's crazy to think that a dump truck driver would think it was alright to drink and then drive a giant vehicle! Personally, I think 50% of the people up your way are on drugs... :p

That is a horrible story. I agree about wishing the death penalty was used more often. Maybe then it would open up peoples eyes to the consequences of their actions. My heart goes out to the families and other motorcyclists involved.

Unfortunately the death penalty wouldn't ever come into play for this crime as dealth penalty is for murder which is a thought out and preconceived crime. This is vehicular manslaughter--manslaughter is not the same as murder as it's an "accident"

Kind of like how what Heath Ledger and Corey Haim did--that wasn't suicide even though they both knew how many pills they were taking and Ledger knew he was drinking AND mixing pills--nope not suicide but instead an "accidental overdose"

Just gotta love those "accidents" hey?

I just wish they would change the law here in AZ. Helmets are completely optional for motorcycle, quad, and dirt bike riders, even on the highways and interstates. On the news coverage it said the bikers all sustained head trauma. While helmets wouldn't prevent anything from getting harmed in this situation, it definitely would help. I can guarantee you, nice weather in AZ+ motorcycle fun= No Helmet.

It's a shame.

They were out all night investigating and cleaning. It took them 3 different tow trucks to try to move the dump truck so they could get to the ones killed underneath.

The highway is now back open, thankfully. I haven't heard anything else on the driver or the story lately.

Brittney !!!!! Please do your homework before you go off slandering people... I am not trying to draw gravity from this tragedy, but this guy may have family as well... WHAT IF HIS BRAKES FAILED?

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/03/25/20100325phoenix-motorcycle-crash-abrk.html

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/03/26/20100326phoenix-motorcycle-crash-folo0326.html

The driver of the truck, Michael J. Jakscht, 46, had minor injuries. Police believe he was not impaired by alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash. Detectives are still determining what charges or citations may be filed, Samudio said.

Tania Krukoff, an employee at a nearby Walgreen's, said she was returning from a nearby gas station when she came upon the accident and talked to the driver of the truck.

"He was in shock,"

"I grabbed all the water I could and took blankets because there were bodies everywhere," McDowell said. "It was horrible."

The truck driver, she said, "got out of the truck and tried to help the people under the truck.''

And please don't support taking civil liberty's away, so you can sleep better at night. We have a law for helmet usage, it protects children under the age of 18. Everyone else is at their own CHOSEN risk. Less than 3% of motorcycle accidents involve injury to outside parties.
These guys choose to take this risk... One of them was a 22yr veteran of the Fire Dept.... I am dead sure he has seen more motorcycle accidents than any of us combined, but he still chose to ride without a helmet. A right that you and I have as Arizona residents.

That's horrible that someone that has probably seen more wrecks than he would care to remember wouldn't wear a helmet.

So, the dump truck driver wasn't drunk or taking wacky medicine? That's good! :) I wonder who will be found to be at fault. I can tell you that sometimes up in Phoenix I have motorcycles ride too close to my bumper and, if I wasn't as OCD about checking my mirrors and blindspots, I could have killed many of them with them being in error...

Brittney !!!!! Please do your homework before you go off slandering people... I am not trying to draw gravity from this tragedy, but this guy may have family as well... WHAT IF HIS BRAKES FAILED?

I only assumed he was under the influence because a news station said he was and I hadn't heard any different.

Latest posts

Back