Horrible accident need help!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final update

So after an additional 2 weeks of quarantine in the small cage without a wheel and no playtime, Pachuco had his final check up.

Dr. Fitz says that everything looks great. The toes are a little crooked, (I think I was silly for thinking they would set perfectly) but he says that everything is looking great. The color is back in the foot, his attitude is normal, he puts weight on it and everything and can be given playtime now again!

The one thing we asked about was his toenails and if potentially he will build up a callous or something with the toes being crooked. Dr. Fitzgerald said it shouldn't be too much of a problem but on the safe side we scheduled an appointment for next month to come get his nails clipped and re-evaluate everything there.

Plus I'm still really impressed this whole ordeal still only cost $100.18. Yay for honest and caring vets!!! :thumbsup:

I'll have to post more pics of Pachuco now that he is healed again and soon to have a new cage (If we manage to finish it this weekend)

Oh that is such wonderful news for Pachuco.....:))

After reading this story and seeing the picture of Pachuco with his leg in a cast, it brought back memories of a situation I dealt with a few years back with one of my chins. I'm happy to say that he to ended up being very lucky and kept his leg as well......:hearts:

Last edited:
Back