Home alone W/ 5 dogs, 2 cats, a chin and a tornado watches, 60 mph winds and more!!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

Michigan would have tornadoes, 60 Mph winds, severe thinderstorms in october! Not very good!! Be safe all you michigan people!!

Not just Michigan, it's pretty much all the Midwest. A funnel cloud passed through downtown Indianapolis this morning while I was stuck on campus with 70 mph winds. Pretty sure most of central and southern Indiana and Illinois had tornado warnings this morning...

We have some severe wind warnings in Wisconsin as well. I see it's quite windy but we have sunny weather. Too bad I can't open the windows! It's a pretty nice day temperature wise.

well I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention, we had a tornado touch down this morning in Racine, not close to where I live, but still, we don't have tornadoes touching down often here. No real serious damage, thank goodness.

and I'm at work, if there is a warning they won't even let me leave!!!!! thankfully there is no warning yet!!!!!!

Sirens were going off by me for a few minutes this morning. A tornado reportedly touched down 20 miles straight south of where I live. Lots of dark clouds and heavy winds and rain all morning long by where I live. You just have to be prepared for whatever in these types of situations.

I have Lilapsophobia! It is really warm out here too!

They scare the bejezus out of me too. More than that, I'm absolutely terrified of the dang tornado sirens... I hear that noise in movies or something and just want to die :wacko:

I do not miss that Midwestern weather... Although here, we have snow storms, wind storms, MONSOONS... ;) Hate you, Washington.

At least you don't have to be in Hawaii with those tsunami warnings. Oh man. Hiding in your basement won't help you then!

o_O not very good... this makes it even worse. Out here in the boondocks, when the sirens go off in town you can't here them out here :( I don't likey!!!

I know... My Tv is on the news channel... And I have to go get a radio. I have Direct Tv so when it rains and storms and gets windy the signal gets lost and we don't have a tv. The only thing bad about Direct tv. :(

Well, it's over here at least (Indianapolis). Sirens were going off for 20 minutes this morning - I live across the street from the siren tower, so of course the dog was going berserk. And I swear a monsoon practically went through the area...

Camera-phone pictures from this morning when it was still storming (around 10ish) from the safety of my car
tree_morning_1.jpg

tree_morning.jpg

Pictures from tonight now that I got home from work.... besides the big pieces, there are like 6" branches EVERYWHERE. Like the ground crunches when you walk on it. and that is my 50 pound dog, so that is a big branch...
trees3.jpg

trees2.jpg

trees1.jpg

Haha thanks! I knew we'd be outside for awhile when I got home, 'cause she's very timid and afraid of "new things," and although I knew she had to potty (she refused to go this morning when it was storming)... that meant she had to go around some of those branches and step on some little branches... which made her super nervous... and made me think to bring the camera outside, haha.

Yall just couldn't keep the fun to yourselves could you :(
My area is now under Tornado Watch

Back