Holy Weight Gain Batman!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolyphinm

So while cleaning the girls out tonight I was thinking man Smokey my black velvet looks like she's getting chunky. I weighed her tonight as its been forever since I've remembered to weigh my girls. She was around 550 in May and now she's 712 grams...and 2 years old. I just didn't expect her to fill out like that. I heard of later bloomers and slow growing lines, but didn't think she would do that. She's looking nice and fluffy now.

I'll post some comparison pics tomorrow for fun since I didn't get to do that when Smokey was here with me for her first year as things were a little hectic in August so I vanished for a while.
...plus who would say no to pictures of chinnies?

You sort of mentioned the pictures on your own, so now you have a legal obligation to post them! :)

That is a huge weight gain. Sometimes they do that at around a year and a half to two years. There's been a few that have really shocked me with how they've filled out here. :) You must be doing something right...she's fat and happy! :p

I was a little slow on it. First one is her in April and the next 2 pictures are the chunkier Smokey today.

And I had to include the other one too cuz obviously people will complain about more pictures of chins on here.

Attachments

• 054-a.jpg
    054-a.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 013-a.JPG
    013-a.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 014-a.jpg
    014-a.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 017-a.jpg
    017-a.jpg