Hobby Lobby wood products?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherie18

Hey guys, so soon as I can I'm wanting to do some crafts for Cherie's cage like a wooden bed & stuff anyways I was wondering if anyone uses hobby lobby wood supplies? it says pine, but I want to be sure:hmm: I would buy from vendors-but it's cheaper & easier for me to DIY it so if you guys have any tips I would be sooo grateful, thanks!

I'd suggest you got to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Menards to get your wood. They should be stamped KD pine, the KD is for kiln dried which makes it safe for the chins to chew on.

I'd suggest you got to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Menards to get your wood. They should be stamped KD pine, the KD is for kiln dried which makes it safe for the chins to chew on.

Ok well I was thinking of pre-made wooden boxes or stuff like that- is there a store that sells stuff like that, & the wood being marked?

The question with the Hobby Lobby wood is not is it pine, it's what has it possibly been treated with. If they come in from China ( a lot of it does ) they have to be treated to prevent anything from coming with...

Most of the craft wood comes from china and either has to be treated or fumigated before entry into the USA, not safe for chins IMO.

Back