Hi, My name is Tara!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tara! I don't know what mutation Luna is exactly, but I would be very curious to know, because my Chichi looks just like her. Stella looks a lot like Tribble (ChiChi's son) too. I'm gonna post some pictures later, so you can see..

I actually came in contact to a breeder who had Chichi for a short while and she said in her opinion, Chichi is medium ebony white?

This is the best picture of Chichi on this computer. This is when we first got her. You can see their fur is very similiar with the darker gray on the tail.

Welcome back!

Yes Luna and Chichi are very similar!! But what are they for sure!! This is indeed a mystery! I am thinking to post some picture of the mommy and daddy chins to try and help with a verdict lol

41056_422117647543_514822543_4941521_3693767_n.jpg

Princess-Stella and Luna's momma

47170_422117787543_514822543_4941529_3523863_n.jpg

Chilly-Stella and Luna's dadda!

welcome to the group! your chinnies are adorable.
i am not sure if someone answered your question about the mutation but i belive stella is a white or more commonly called a Mosaic.

Thanks I am trying figure out what Luna is lol :) I just added her parents pictures if they help at all

Thanks I was told ebony mosaic but was then told that she couldn't be because she had no ebony in her mix.. which makes me go huh what is she then lol!

Stella, a white is a white is a white. "Ebony white" just refers to genetic background to let people who MAY decide to breed her that there could be ebony in her lines. All whites are pretty much the same. Pink white, tan white, white mosaic, etc. They're all just whites.

Stella, a white is a white is a white. "Ebony white" just refers to genetic background to let people who MAY decide to breed her that there could be ebony in her lines. All whites are pretty much the same. Pink white, tan white, white mosaic, etc. They're all just whites.

Thanks so much for clarifying! And thanks for all the compliments On my chinnies :)

Hi Tara! We talked in chat a few times. Welcome to the site! You'll learn so much on here it's going to blow your mind! Your chins are too cute!

Latest posts

Back