Hi im new to this site and i have some questions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mr.Prickels

I was wondering how long is too long for a hedgehogs nails; mine is still young, i think, i'm not too sure. And should he be pooping lots when i play with him?

When the nails start curling under, you need to clip them. You don't want to let them get too long because then the nails are more likely to get caught on things and could hurt the hedgie. And, yes, it is pretty normal for younger hedgies to "go potty" more often. It should get better as he gets older (if you're lucky). ;)

When the nails start curling under, you need to clip them. You don't want to let them get too long because then the nails are more likely to get caught on things and could hurt the hedgie.

Not necessarily true. I wouldnt wait until they curl under. I like to keep them short to the quick. I have one that I cut every week and others that are once a month. Also I have one baby whose nails grow up rather than out and down. So you cant always go by curling under..

Thanks everyone for your advice i think its funny when he poops on my girlfriends hand. I personally don't mind when he poops on me, she is like totally grossed out.

Back