help with food allergies for my frenchie

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom worked at at vets for many years and they did allergy test and still didn't find the causes . I'd rather not waste the time or money on it . I am going find fish oil today my mom said it should br in stores.

So you have done the testing on your dog? I'd say if there is any way you could get an answer out of this it will be a lot cheaper and faster than trying to do this yourself by switching her kibble trying to pin point the problem.

Gavin, my American pitbull terrier terrier mix has food allergies and a sensative stomach. After much trial and error, taste of the wild has done it for us. It doesn't cause his stomach to be bright red and yeasty, and he does not get projectile diarrhea. I supplement with the occasional raw about once a week. He does still like his feet, but only rarely and at this point I think it's a habit, not an allergy issue.

Seems a lot of the bull dog breeds have food issues.

yes she is on blue limited ingredients turkey and potato and we are going from there to see what happens. she has been on the full food for about a week, maybe a week and a half.

I know you said you don't want to deal with the raw diet, but I have to tell you it would be worth a try. I feed my 2 dogs the raw diet and they have the most beautiful coat, the softest fur, no smell and best yet super small poops, and their both Great Danes. I would never feed my dogs anything other then raw. It's super easy and I actually spend less to feed them then I would on buying dog food. If you need help starting it, PM me and I'll help.

So I'm very excited. Baileys hair has grown back on her back and her coat looks a lot bettee. she also doesn't smell yeasty like she did before. So i guess i found her a food :) she is also on her second day of fish oil so we will see how that goes to . :) thanks everyone for the help !!!

I know this is a little bit late since you said your dog is getting better. I feed our dog on Natural Balance grain free. We have 4 dogs and only 1 dog will get hot spots due to wheat.
I know it has to be wheat because everytime I drop shredded wheat for the chins she'll gobble it up. One day I knocked over a box and she ate 1/4 of the box before I can clean it up. Also I was told to soak them in Tea Tree Oil with warm water for about 15 mins.

Thanks . I'm def going to continue this food and see how she goes. I was having to five her medicated baths twice a week due to the yeast now I haven't given her one in atleast 2 . She has improved a lot

Back