Help so

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaitlanBee

Hello soits 6:28am and i most certainly wouldnt be up if i could of helped it,i heard squealing like Fern's "Warning Call" so i tried ignoring it thinking she was in her cage but she kept doing it so i got up and looked beside me to see she was most certainly not in her cage,WHAT?! SHES NOT IN HER CAGE?! and started to freak out looking around my bedroom anythign she could get into could potential kill her...so i find her a few minutes later and she runs back into her cage..but now i have her snuggled to me,how in the world did she get out?I did not leave the cage open.

Thanks for helping guys,Caitlan.
P.S i had a hamster like this the escaper he was good,
i had to eventually by little clips to keep the cage 100% locked..
it was definitely ... uhm shall i say awsome? not.

Just examine the cage look for small chew spots in the pan or corners where is isn't conected. they can get out of tiny spaces

Well if she pushed the door open you need to make sure that it latches properly from now on, if it's one of those Super Pet type cages where the wire can bend easily, make sure it's bent enough so it doesn't push open easily.

Also make sure all the bars are connected, as I've had wires break where they're welded and a chin squeezed out.

Well if she pushed the door open you need to make sure that it latches properly from now on, if it's one of those Super Pet type cages where the wire can bend easily, make sure it's bent enough so it doesn't push open easily.

Also make sure all the bars are connected, as I've had wires break where they're welded and a chin squeezed out.

Yes i dont think i bought it from super pet and no bars were broken all is good i found out that i could put the latcch under the bar above it to provide extra safety so she can gget out hopefully it works.

Yes i dont think i bought it from super pet and no bars were broken all is good i found out that i could put the latcch under the bar above it to provide extra safety so she can gget out hopefully it works.
I've found that binder clips work well to hold those kinds of cage doors closed.

You have that one that's purple with purple shelves and green tubes? If I remember correctly, which is not my strong suit, so I could be wrong. That's a super pet cage, I used to have that and use it as a back up cage now. I put the top of the latch under a bar as well on all of the doors and my chin has never escaped and it seems like it provides decent resistance to being opened, but you're chin could just be craftier than mine. I would use a back up (like other clips mentioned) until you know how she got out and just make sure to chin proof the room she's in before you go to bed so if she does escape, she'll be less likely to get hurt/eat something bad etc.

Back