Help: odor when checking for hairrings?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiniiBamBam

Keeper of BamBam :D
So i was checking for hair rings on my chinchilla today because he has been peeing like all over his shelves and peed on my floor which is not like him at all so i was checking for hair rings to seee if it was iritated at all and when i got his penis all the way out of the sheath an odor apeared kind of like a really strong pee ordor, i only found a tinny but if hair and that was it, nothing seemed to be out of the normal and he had a little bit of pee on the fur around his parts, i just wanted to see what thiis smell could be from and if i need to take him to the vet? can i give him acidophilus?

The sudden change in urination habbits could indicate a bladder infection or bladder stones. The smell is because he is getting urine on himself by peeing all over his shelves. I think a vet visit is is order.

how exactly could the vet diagnosis it? and the smell is not necisarilly pee i checked again today and when i get the penis out all the wya it starts smeellling and i cant quite tell what it smells like

Sometimes males just smell like urine right there under the foreskin. (Afterall, that's where the urine comes out, right?) It's a little smelly right there, I've had the same thing happen. The vet could do some urine tests to check for infection if you are worried.

no its not like that i know what it odor smells like and its like the odor is literally comming out of his sheath or right off his penis because it only smells when i get a decent amount of his penis out of the sheath

Latest posts

Back