Help! Crazy chin that has gotten over gate once and is now a fearless plunging jumper

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurenrachelle

Laurenrachelle
I need help finding new ways to confine chin to play area. It's about 2.5 feet tall and he has conquered it twice. But in between those, he has fearlessly plunged himself into the side of it, and I fear he's going to hurt himself. Little stinker! I just want him away from the potential yuck under the toilet and away from chewing my cabinets.... Darn smarty butt. I made it 2 months before he went all camicaze jumper chin.....

Once they have done it, they will try again and again. A taller gate that is solid will be a good choice.

I am so sorry that you had this happen. You definitely need a taller gate! Or, start having playtime in a more enclosed area like a bathroom. I can't trust the regular playpens or gates anymore. My chins have learned to get up on counter tops... :(

How tall and where can you get a gate that would work? Looking at it more closely it comes up to my thighs.. So it's probably over 3 feet... I use my bathroom right now but I don't want him chewing on the plumbing behind the toilet or my cabinets. Today was a pilot to see what he would do without the gate under 100% supervision always, and he kept tying to chew the plumbing behind the toilet. I had to shoo him away with my hand a lot, which is another issue to bring up.. I don't want to ruin our bond by having things he shouldn't be near, creating a constant policing of chewing on things, type of relationship.

i have a piece that i used to block off areas about that size. It was incredibly thin too. My youngest boy could jump up on top of it and balance himself perfectly on it all in one go. And he would do that from a complete stand still.

Like Mt. Zion Chins said you defiantly need a taller gate m chin loves to try to make The Leap of Faith as I call it LOL he try's to jump off of my arm and back into his cage but i always catch him.LOL

Back