Hello

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremellomare

I stumbled across a link from a friend and ended up here. My name is Erin and our family currently has 4 chins, all boys. We first got Peppy, an ebony from my brother-in-law's friend, who was tired of him and planning on setting him free, four years ago. We think he was about a year old when we got him. We then were given Gizmo, a standard grey by my husband's boss's daughter earlier this spring. They had two and one passed away, and she didn't want him to be lonely. It took a while for the two to get acquainted, but they became friends quickly. We talked about getting a couple more once we got a bigger cage, but figured it would be a while before that could happen. About a month ago I went on craigslist and saw an add for two males with a large cage for free. We were the first ones to call and went and met them. The owners were happy to find someone who had chins already, so we brought home Lucky, a three legged beige, and Merlin, a standard. It took even longer to get them used to each other, Lucky can be a bit of a bully to the other ones. It is kind of funny, because we thought they would keep their previous buddys, but instead Lucky and Gizmo cuddle together, and Merlin and Peppy are huddled up on a different ledge. Their behavior fascinates my husband quite a bit. I'm glad to find a place with some good info.

Latest posts

Back