Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xohbrandixoh2013

Hello! My name is Brandi, I currently own one Chinchilla, he is a standard grey named Loki. I got him from a local pet store and he is so cute. He loves running around his home at night and loves to sit in my hands. He looks so adorable when he takes a dust bath. I also own a degu named Pip. They live in cages next to each other and sometimes look at each other. I am looking into getting a female to possibly breed. :)

Hello! I'm not going to lie, I had no idea what a Degu was. They seem like little chinchillas in a way!
Anyway I suggest reading the breeding forum before making the final decision to breed. Therr are so many helpful people there who went sugar coat the truth.I personally would never breed. I don't want to risk my two lovely ladys' lives and I don't know their pedigree or any background family health issues (both just taken in to give them homes).
But you should post picture's sometime of your little guy!

Welcome to the forum!

If you have an interest in breeding, I suggest you seek out breeders who may be close by to you who can mentor you in what you are looking for in a breeding pair, what qualities you are breeding for and to help with any questions that may arise with any pregnancies or with kits down the road.

I would also encourage you to find chinchilla shows nearby through MCBA and/or ECBC and attend a show or two at the very least. It's amazing what you can learn by going to shows or even the seminars.

Welcome to the forum!! I just got my first chin a few months ago and this site has been amazing for all the information I need! I hope it helps you too!

I'd love to see a picture of your chin and your degu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photo.php
this is Pip, my degu.

Welcome to CnH. :)

Looking to breed the degu or the chin?

So far this site has helped me with a lot of things. I love the classifieds page because there are so many things on there I want to get for Loki. Most of the sites are also really affordable unlike pet stores. I can't wait until I no longer have to get everyone of my post approved though.

Latest posts

Back