Hello from the west coast ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaitlanBee

Hello i'm Caitlan,
and i live out west and im just joining so i can hear about other people's chinchilla's and their stories and share mine and my chinchilla and their
update's and stuff.So thank-you everyone whom welcome's me and my
lovely chinchillas Otis and Lucifern(I call her Fern).

This photo posted below is Lucifern but i just call her Fern most times:D :
58917_1360187331380_1432442118_30805415_5638837_n.jpg

And this is Otis my first chin and my baby :
28447_1292929569978_1432442118_30647404_6532858_n.jpg

Welcome to CnH! :)) Just to say it, as I'm sure someone will, you may want to look into a better wheel for your girl, those are not considered safe :))

Welcome to CnH! :)) Just to say it, as I'm sure someone will, you may want to look into a better wheel for your girl, those are not considered safe :))

well she likes it and grew up running no it its been with her for 1.5 years now and nothing has happened or so her old owner whom gave her to me with her accessories told me,i will be buying another one when i can but i like it it looks classy xD but ill probably get a different one its waay to big for her cage xD.

Welcome! :)

Ditto on the wheel. I had a hedgie who used that wheel for 2 years (before I knew better), then woke up one night to screaming because she got her toe caught and could not get loose. I have never heard anything so horrible. Just because an accident hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't.

Do you give your guys bedding? It looks like the cage is just plastic bottomed. It's a lot cleaner for them and you if you throw in some pine shavings or a fleece liner.

Welcome! I also agree on the wheel, she may jump out without stopping and I could just see a leg getting caught by those spokes...can't be a good outcome. Not to mention they are too small for chins and can cause strain on their spines due to being too small. Better to be safe than sorry and take it out before something does happen. :)) She'll forgive you.

Your chin is cute!

Cute babies! Welcome to the forum :) Just browsing this forum will give you loads of insight on what is the best for your babies and before you know it you'll have a great cage set up.

Welcome! :)

Ditto on the wheel. I had a hedgie who used that wheel for 2 years (before I knew better), then woke up one night to screaming because she got her toe caught and could not get loose. I have never heard anything so horrible. Just because an accident hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't.

Do you give your guys bedding? It looks like the cage is just plastic bottomed. It's a lot cleaner for them and you if you throw in some pine shavings or a fleece liner.

Thats the wheel part and it has a towel under it,and yes she has bedding and stuff it is but we got a litter pan thing she uses for her droppings and such and i will be getting a different wheel in time,i just got her...and i have to wait till i get a bigger cage because this one is small and that wheel just feets and i want to get the flying saucer thing so i have to wait...she hasnt been hurt on it and probably wont,she's pretty smart i understand that it is a "BAD" wheel but it will be changed...in time,and just because im not getting a different one today makes me a bad chin owner,i love her...

Back