Hedgie Food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acbieri

Smile God Loves YOU :-D
I may finally be getting my first hedgie Monday YAY LoL

I've read on the best foods etc.

Which one would you guys choose to be the best

Chicken Soup for the pet lover's soul for cat's lite

or the wellness

Thanks so much!!
Im so excited but don't wanna get ahead of myself incase it falls through!

u should use a mix of about 3 or 4 different foods not just one. i use wellness complete, purina naturals, before grain, and blue buffalo. congrats!

I have a mix as well.. I use Halo, Blue Buff and RC Lite.

Getting a mix of a few different cat foods is going to ensure that you have all their nutritional needs covered.

You'll find most of us mix foods. My current mix is, Innova lite, Innova Sr, Fromm Mature Gold, Pet Promise healthy weight & Halo chicken formula (mostly for Poptart she needs the extra calories to maintain her weight).

I don't care for either of those two foods. I have tried a few times with different hedgehogs to use the chicken soup. I haven't had one that will eat it. I know others who have their hedgehogs prefer it though. I don't care for Royal Canin. Mostly because they had foods that were recalled. Granted it wasn't for one of the foods we recommend for hedgehogs. But I guess I still have some distrust in their quality control practices.

How about both? Mine is on both Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul Lite and Wellness Indoor (and Spike's Delight Premium).

Funny how hedgies are picky like that... Kalandra's wont eat CSCLS; mine won't eat Innova.

Find out what the breeder is feeding your hedgie-to-be and start with that. And whatever new foods you choose, just be sure to introduce it/them slowly to avoid the mean greenies :)

Congratulations on your new baby! With my gang, I feed a mix of food as well, even though they pick through it for their obvious favorites. They eat CSFTCLS Light, Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Duck and Green Pea, and Royal Canin baby cat.

Kismet eats only the Natural Balance (it's the only one that doesn't mess with her stomach). Cuda eats the mix, but he digs for the CSFTCLS. Vette eats the Baby Cat because she's old and has issues with regular kibble - she chokes. The baby cat is small and easy for her to eat safely.

None of mine liked Wellness or Innova.

Latest posts

Back