Heartland ECBC Field Day Show October 15, 2011 Burlington, KS

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark miller

Miller Chinchillas
The ECBC Heartland branch is hosting a fall field day show in Burlington Kansas October 15, 2011. Jim Ritterspach and either Bob Merritt or Myself will be the judges. (I've been asked to judge if Bob isn't healed from his surgery and able to do it) It is a optional claiming show where animals can be priced for silent auction but don't have to be. There are usually several nice animals available on the silent auction at this show. The ad for this show should appear in the next Empress Breeder magazine with all the info on it. If anyone has questions either PM me or post on this thread and I'll try to answer for you. Thanks, Mark

I'm going, of course! See everyone there, and I hope Bob's doing well enough to be there. I miss everyone!

This show is coming up this Saturday, October 15th. I don't know yet if I'll be judging (depends on how Bob Merritt's feeling) or showing animals, but I'll be there. Hope many of you can make it! This is a field day show. A perfect chance to come and see what a chinchilla show is all about with opportunities to ask questions and look at animals under the lights during the show. It is a much more educational, informal setting then a sanctioned show is. You get to participate and see the animals as they're being judged and ask questions between each class. Definitely, I recommend this type of show for a first time participant or spectator. They are a lot of fun and I guarantee you'll learn something new you didn't know when you came. A good time for all!

Show time is here! Please come to our show if you're able for fun, learning, evaluation by great judges, competition, fellowship and mostly just fun. I can't wait to see everyone again. :)

Show Time

We are going to start sitting up about 4:00pm sounds like people are going to start showing up around 5:00pm. We want to wish everyone a safe trip. We are excited for show season to start and can't wait to see everyone.
Thanks,
Mike

No show updates? I'm disappointed in you Mark, I know you have internet on your phone! Did you get to show that std boy? How did he do?

Joe Brown had GSC Std, RGS Std, GSC mute, and I believe also RGS mute! There were 63 standards and only 34 mutes. We ended up doing a ten class show for the standards to waste time. Cassie won class champ with her beautiful standard boy, congrats! I don't have the rest of the details since I was handling, but perhaps Mark will fill us in later.

i have all the class champs and reserves
Std. Classes:
1 Champ-Blue star reserve- M&C Chins
2 Champ-Bob Smith reserve- Joe Brown
3 Champ- BRC(me, thanks Ruby! i was excited he got class champ!) reserve-Bob Smith
4 Champ-Joe Brown Reserve- Bob Smith
5 champ- Bob Smith Reserve- M&C Chins
6 Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Bob Smith
7 Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Bob Smith
8 Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Bob Smith
9 Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Bob Smith
10 Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Mark Miller

Mute Classes:

Whites Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Joe Brown

Beige Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Blue Star

Black Champ- Joe Brown Reserve- Joe Brown

i think thats all correct. i also was helping ruby with the chins and tried to write down stuff at the same time so i may have missed something.

Had a great time at the show! It was good to see everyone again and my first competition in 2 years. I only took 6 chins to show. My 4 and 5 month old standards got 1st's and my two 6 month old black velvet girls both got 1st's. My 8 month old standard male was RCC to the eventual GSC, so he got his shot to compete for RGS. He was the only chin I brought to the show that was mature enough to compete, so I was happy with how I did. Jim Ritterspach and Bob Merritt did a very good job judging. Congrats to Dan Jensen on his standard CC and beige RCC and congrats to Cassie on her standard CC and to all the winners.

Latest posts

Back