Hay feeder

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pine is kiln dried, so a safe wood type. Size is large enough where the chin won't get stuck in the hole...my only concern is that they don't use glues...so it DOES look to be held together with nails. If and WHEN your chin decides it's a new chew toy, those nails could be an issue. OH! The rabbit on top? It's quoted to be hardwood...most (if not all) hardwoods are NOT chin safe. Some things to think about

Well I bought it before I got this post. Now I'm stuck with another feeder I can't use Maybe I can take it apart and glue it back

God Is Good And His Love Last Forever

In my opinion, this looks safe. I know people tend to be unsure about nail/screw construction methods. As long as you know where the nails are, it's not gonna be a problem unless your chin is able to chew all the way down to them - and then on top of that, attempt to chew through them. I've personally never had any problems with screws, nails, and chins thinking metals are wood. I give them more credit than that.

And if you have a sander, you could sand down the ornament so they can't get a handle on the hardwood top. If not, you can probably return it. Vendor has decent reviews.

Ok here it is it came with a wood chin on it but I took it off
My hubby said he not taking it apart he afaid of missing it up I will give it a try

3590c9de3ccb9df99b045ed94ec9283d.jpg

Here some pics of nail holes

Latest posts

Back