Have you seen this cage before?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eycamry

I am looking into buying a new cage for one of my chins and saw this one from our local bunny rescue group for only $125. Has anyone seen this before? I know FN, CN, and QC are the better brands. This one seems pretty good also. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• ct52sm.jpg
    ct52sm.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 69
I have gotten a couple of those in with rescues. They are nice and large but do need the wire shelving replaced. The wire on those shelves is very wide and not usuable at all.

The bonus of those is that they fold up too if needed.

Do you know if the shelves can be taken out easily?

I have gotten a couple of those in with rescues. They are nice and large but do need the wire shelving replaced. The wire on those shelves is very wide and not usuable at all.

The bonus of those is that they fold up too if needed.

I've got one, might be a little larger, though, as I've a wheel in the right upper corner!Covered the shelves with pine, and the ramps with 1/4 x 1/4 hardware screen - even the floor with pine and a hidey house! Now it's heavy to pull out of the pan to clean!

Just bend the wire out a bit at the ends with pliers and bang it with your hand and they will come out. When you take them out the cage is going to get wobbly. You will need to replace them with wooden shelves to make it want to stand better again.

Good luck and have fun! :D

I have one somewhat similar, but the shelves are solid plastic and my chin has never touched them. The ramps, I covered with fleece - just sewed it in place, so she wouldn't get a foot caught. Someday I'll take out the ramps and replace with more ledges, but for now they are not a problem at all. The doors open downward, though, which makes it difficult for me to get in the cage to clean. The doors end up being in the way and I have a difficult time reaching inside.

Bird cage?

Does anyone use bird cages? I saw some really nice and large bird cages for sale on Craigslist, and was wondering if my chins can be housed in those.

Does anyone use bird cages? I saw some really nice and large bird cages for sale on Craigslist, and was wondering if my chins can be housed in those.

We used bird cages years and years ago. They worked out pretty well but the downside is that they are a bit more flimsy that a chin cage is.

I have a three stack bird breeding cage that I bought used. Each individual cage is the same size as a single FN unit. It is sturdier and I like it better than my FN.

Back