has anyone...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Walker

Cincillà italiano!
Ever tried eating a rose hip / chin food?

I remember when I was little and my dad said I could bite one of shadow's dog biscuits. So it got me thinking, Neve loves this stuff, wonder what its like..HAHAHA!

So, any last words before I try it?

I dare ya'...and post pics... :p

The rose hips might not be that bad- don't people make tea using that? I would try those, maybe softened up a bit to save my teeth. The pellets though....hmmmmmm....

Double dog dare ya'...hahaha...

I always taste my pets food...too me chinchilla pellets taste like salty hay. While I haven't crunched a rose hip, they make a decent tea.

The oatmeal peanut butter treats that my dogs love taste like cookies (basically they are...made with human grade ingredients and sweetened with honey).

just make sure it's a crushed rosehip so you don't have to eat that stuff that seems like spiky death inside the whole ones.

My chins eat Tradition pellets. Every time I open the container, I think it smells so good! Not good enough to eat though!! Good luck!

Careful-you are what you eat! Although I can't think of any other animal I'd rather get turned into:)

We used to gather rose hips at the beach, and use them to make rose hip jelly, so enjoy, but as other said, be careful of the spiky bits!

I tried canned cat food... it was atrocious!! It tasted more like the can it came out of then actual food!

I've never eaten a chin pellet as I'm not a fan of grass. I do bite Mick St. John's rose hips for him because he doesn't like them whole and he's the only one who won't eat whole. They aren't too bad.

No way am I eating canned cat food--it stinks to high heaven! Fresh shrimp sure I'll share that with Baxter but no canned food lol!

Well did ya do it? My only concern would be that they're so hard you might chip a tooth, and unlike Neve your's won't grow back :tease:

I have tried pellets before...but my newest one is LifeLine and Critical Care. I was curious...I don't suggest it to anyone. Though, the LifeLine kinda reminded me of lasagna...

My aunt (only 5 years older than me) used to feed me dog biscuits when I was little. I remember eating them and finding out one day they were dog biscuits. I never knew...

I have tried pellets before...but my newest one is LifeLine and Critical Care. I was curious...I don't suggest it to anyone. Though, the LifeLine kinda reminded me of lasagna...

My aunt (only 5 years older than me) used to feed me dog biscuits when I was little. I remember eating them and finding out one day they were dog biscuits. I never knew...

That explains it...:tease:

The rosehip...almost broke a tooth lol...i crunched that sucker...

I dont understand why she likes this crap haha

Back