Has anyone ever purchased one of these? Dodola "AC" house

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like a great idea! I use ice packs like that and I made fleece cases for them so my boys can sit on them to cool down. I would assume theyd have to be thoroughly sanitized, not knowing what animal used it previously and its health.

Amy thank you for providing that link with the translated page! I ended up buying one of them, and I'm going to see how I like it before buying the second one. Only $20 and my boy needed a new house anyway, so I figured I might as well. The only thing is that there is a type of padding on the underside of the top level that is velcroed on, so I need to cover that with a layer of fleece so it doesn't get chewed. Also it was sealed new thankfully so I didn't need to clean it which was nice.

A word of caution, these will not replace the need for real air conditioning.

Rainey,

Please let us know how these work out? I see the ad on Craigslist all the time. I have been debating getting one for Lilly but didn't know anything about them. I'm not far away either, so if it works out, I would love to hear, so I can get one for her to get her through the spring/summer next year.

Thanks and good luck!
Stacy

Srlampron- I will take pictures and update you when I get a chance in the next couple days. Please message me or reply to this post again if I haven't done it in the next week!

I wouldn't think you'd get a lot of cool through the wood assuming the wood is between the metal and "house", if it's just metal you'd have condensation issues.

Maybe it's just me but I'd think putting ice, even bagged, into a wood compartment is just asking for a water/wood/mold combo... I guess I'm just a a/c the room kind of person.

I wouldn't think you'd get a lot of cool through the wood assuming the wood is between the metal and "house", if it's just metal you'd have condensation issues.

Maybe it's just me but I'd think putting ice, even bagged, into a wood compartment is just asking for a water/wood/mold combo... I guess I'm just a a/c the room kind of person.

Yeah, there are these absorbent pads that go in between the metal and wood. I have no idea how "cool" it will actually get, I haven't actually put the ice packs in yet (they are freezing currently). Right now I'm just using it as a house for one of my chins because he needed a new one anyway. However I'm assuming it will keep the house a little bit cooler than the outside air, so serves the same purpose as a chinchiller.

Latest posts

Back