Hair extensions?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneeM

I hate long hair, mine is really short. But my best friend is getting married in around two years. Im kind of setting myself up for a double standard, because I loath the hairstyles they do with short hair for weddings. The first time she got married I let my hair grow out for a little over a year for the wedding, and got a pretty up-do.

When my older brother got married I had short hair and hated what they did with my hair.

I was a bridesmaid in both weddings.

Thing is, I absolutely loath growing my hair out. I get hot and miserable, and can't pull it back in the in-between stage that will last several months.

I was thinking of getting hair extensions before the wedding. That way I don't have to suffer growing my hair out. And it will be long enough to pull back! I'm not sure on the cost or anything, but it seems like it would be worth it.

It's expensive. You're probably looking at a MINIMUM of $500 if you go to a salon. My sister has purchased them from a beauty supply store (they are the clip in kind), and I think they were around $50 and they look totally natural on her.

How long is your hair now? If it's long enough to pull it back at all why not just buy a fall to clip instead? Pull it back and bobby pin it where it's too short and clip it in and you're ready to go! Cheaper, easier, faster!

Otherwise why not just have your regular hair with your regular 'do? As your friend what she thinks and tell her your dilemma.

Haha, I can't even form a ponytail. My hair is about two inches below my ears at it's longest :p

I didn't know they had so many options for hair!

Thanks everyone, I'll look into the options you listed!

I know this might sound silly too, but have you considered a wig? If your hair is that short it would be easy to put up under it, no growing, no pulling. Extensions are expensive, but they are also very time consuming to put in from what I understand.

Clips are fast and easy. Wigs can get very hot. You can also talk to a hairstylist and look into different ways of doing your hair for the wedding.

You don't think your natural hair will be long enough to work with in 2 years? It doesn't have to be very long at all to be able to style it nicely. Maybe talk with a hairdresser and see what style options are available for shorter hair.

I think the thing is not that it won't be long enough, but she doesn't like it long. Kind of like saving up just to spend it.

I hate long hair. At my friends first wedding I got it chopped off two days after the wedding :p

I have my hair in a little bit below my jaw. I wear mine in a ponytail ALL the time.

The secret is to use a smoothing gel and slick it back when it's wet!!!

Go to my Facebook page (Ann Lynn Fairchild) and you will see a couple of shots -- one where I'm posing at a show with my 2 chins and one where my rancher friend Maynard is hand feeding a kit.

You can get the clip in extensions and they dont require a lot of work to put in - the bonded ones are time consuming and you need a salon. You'd still probably have to grow it out a little bit to cover where you attach them so it looks more natural.

Latest posts

Back