grouchy days??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheltiefan

I have almost had my chin for a year. It will be in June to mark 1 yr. And she has always been very friendly. Loves to be taken out and petted and held and played with. yesterday she knacked at me and tried to nip me?
This is the first time she has done this. Did she just have a bad day? Today I petted her and she was fine and dandy like nothing had happened

My chins have good days and bad days also. Between Ziggy irritating Bowie and vice versa, the two of them get pretty worked up. Woe be the human who puts their hands near Bowie when he's mad. He's our only biter. Ziggy nips and runs away when he's annoyed with us, and Dex and Sam are angels.

Sounds like your furbaby had one of those days. You might have smelled like something she didn't like, or maybe her schedule was interrupted in some way. They love to keep to their schedules. LOL

My boy Zeb has total grump days too. I think a lot of it is if I'm making noise during the day when he wants to sleep. If he doesn't get enough sleep when he needs to, he gets very unhappy with me. I think mood fluctuation is pretty common because as I've seen it, chinchillas have more personality than even some people I know.

Sometimes it seems like some of the girls have PMS and decide to just be in a bad moody. The boys, on average, don't seem to be as moody.

There's a little girl named Freya, who has been here for over eight years. One day she is my very best friend and she grooms my face and is the loviest baby girl ever and the next she can't stand to be held or touched. She has gotten a lot better the last year or so...she's nine and I think that her PMS days aren't as regular as they used to be. Most of my other girls are pretty good at behaving themselves.

And, for the record - Chub Chub's Dex and Sam are not angels - they totally have the ability to be evil. Dex has some OCD mental issues and Sam likes to play hide and seek. :D

chinchillas have more personality than even some people I know.

LOL!!

This is far too true, and it goes for all my rodents. Each of them have clear personalities, and i swear they are a **** site more intelligent than some people.

Latest posts

Back