Grooming Time

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindyv3737

<---House beaver.
I took a video of Shelly getting a brushing yesterday. Sorry for the crappy quality and lack of sound, this is my first video. This is not a true chinchilla grooming brush. I use a bunny brush. It was purchased before I knew there were other brushes. :D

This is just more proof that my chin is odd. Very, very odd. She loves being brushed. She will sit there and let me groom her for a good 5 - 10 minutes before she is done. I've decided it feels like one big scritch to her. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/m-1-Fy5NrVQ

Last edited:
Awww so cute!

Are you supposed to brush chinchillas? If so how often and what kind of brush do you use?

She's so good! If I go anywhere near mine with a brush, they just try to eat it. I'm jealous!

Oh, Shell...you're such a silly little girl. Just wait until she meets Button...she won't know what hit her!

Oh, Shell...you're such a silly little girl. Just wait until she meets Button...she won't know what hit her!

Bahahaha! Button better liked to be groomed. I take out the brush once a week. It keeps my little lady looking good for Gizmo.

Shelly is adorable! She is totally soaking up the "brush scritches" :D

Bahahaha! Button better liked to be groomed. I take out the brush once a week. It keeps my little lady looking good for Gizmo.

Pssh speaking of! Can you tell ShellBell to talk to Giz? He HATES me when I try to brush him...but he's priming so bad lol

Shell is always so floofy and pretty! No wonder!

I wish chi chi would let me brush her. I tried a few times and every time she will try to bite and she knacks at me

Pssh speaking of! Can you tell ShellBell to talk to Giz? He HATES me when I try to brush him...but he's priming so bad lol

Shell is always so floofy and pretty! No wonder!

Shell told me she would have a chat with him.

I wish chi chi would let me brush her. I tried a few times and every time she will try to bite and she knacks at me

Most chins don't enjoy being groomed. This is just further proof that Shelly is a nutter.

Wow! I'm impressed. Ben & Jerry would NEVER stand still for that!!!!

Back