Good water bottle that doesn't leak?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

Anyone have a water good water bottle that doesn't drip? I bought a new glass one and it drips a bit.....I tried my old one and it drips as well, I don't think it did before, and I didn't change anything else. It may just be luck with buying them as i've seen some people like one brand and they don't drip, and other reivews said there's driped a bit.
So what brands do you have that don't drip? It's not like a faucet so it's not coming out at a good pace, but is still annoying, I just put dry bedding under it every couple hours.

Have you filled it to the top. Some bottle leak unless you fill to top to create a vacuum. Also sometimes the bottle has to be hung at a certain angle or it will drip

Have you filled it to the top. Some bottle leak unless you fill to top to create a vacuum. Also sometimes the bottle has to be hung at a certain angle or it will drip

I use to not fill it to the top because they don't drink even half, I have I guess you could say large bottle.....But began filling it more since it's just water lol.
I figured it was the angle and I just have to get it just right. The new one I bought doesn't do it all the time.....so I finally got it situated where it's not dripping or at least isn't as much as before.
But I will definatly fill it to the top from now on and just have to get the perfect spot from now on.
Thanks!

I find the opposite with the Lixit glass bottles, I have to leave a bit of air in them to get the vacuum to properly form. I get the 8 oz glass Lixit's from the bird section at Petsmart.

I would suggest considering the Valve type bottles. It did take my girls a bit to learn how to use them properly but now they use the valve bottles exclusively and i have NO MORE DRIPS!

I really like the bottles with Edstrom valves. It is gravity fed, so there is no need to maintain a vacuum and the valve very rarely drips. One of my biggest regrets is giving one of my WaterBuddys away.

I would suggest considering the Valve type bottles. It did take my girls a bit to learn how to use them properly but now they use the valve bottles exclusively and i have NO MORE DRIPS!

Do you know if any petstore sells this kind and what brand it is?

It seems like I just have to angle it a certain way. Could be a pain trying to find the good angle, so I may look around, but for now it's ok. Just a little work lol.

Petsmart has the lixit valve ones but I haven't used them. I have water buddies with the valve stem and I love them. No drips! Dripping water bottles drove me crazy!

Petsmart has the lixit valve ones but I haven't used them. I have water buddies with the valve stem and I love them. No drips! Dripping water bottles drove me crazy!

Where did you get the one with a valve stem? I checked petsmart online but couldn't find anything. Whats the brand? If petsmart doesn't have it, I will look a another store I go too.

I have a glass SuperPet water bottle that has to be at a certain angle to not drip. We have the spring attached on one side to a spot that it can't slide up or down and the other side can slide up. We just slide the spring up on one side to get it out to change it. Then when we put it back slide that one side up or down until it stops dripping. I think my bf and I both have it down to know exactly where the spring goes. I also have an extra square of fleece under my liner in the water bottle corner to absorb the extra drips.

I have a glass SuperPet water bottle that has to be at a certain angle to not drip. We have the spring attached on one side to a spot that it can't slide up or down and the other side can slide up. We just slide the spring up on one side to get it out to change it. Then when we put it back slide that one side up or down until it stops dripping. I think my bf and I both have it down to know exactly where the spring goes. I also have an extra square of fleece under my liner in the water bottle corner to absorb the extra drips.

Thats the exact one I have now! lol, I have to play with it a little to make it not drip, and just put extra bedding below it. Luckily it doesn't drip too much most times.

I hate those stupid Super Pet bottles!! After a while the cap starts going on crookedly, and then the indention in the bottle doesn't line up with the cap, and then the bottle doesn't attach right to the side of the cage. Seriously flawed design.
Oh, and the cap rusts after a while as well. :p

Latest posts

Back